Item Posts   

08 TL or 09 TSX?

| 
chriskozal chriskozal
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 06/11/08
08:03 PM

Hello everyone!
I need your opinions/expertise....I'm in the market for a newer TL, 08 TSX or 09 TSX.  I've driven the tl and the 09 tsx and am quite impressed with both.  It seems like the general consensus on this page is that the new TSX is disappointing; however, i think its a fantastic car...probably the best deal for under 30 grand.  The older TSX's styling is actually a little bland compared to the new one,but I know it's a great buy. On the other side, the TL is also a tremendous car for the money......and maybe I can get a better deal since the 09 TL's are on the way.  What do you think?  THANKS!!!!  

marc.noordeloos marc.noordeloos
User | Posts: 174 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 06/13/08
01:55 PM

My vote, go for the '08 TSX. If you need something bigger, maybe the TL. The best thing, you can save some cash on the '08 TSX compared to the '09 model and I prefer the way the older car drives.

I assume you want a TSX manual?  

taildraggin taildraggin
User | Posts: 76 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 06/22/08
06:09 AM

TSX will be get the first US diesel (on sale in europe now as Accord).  Sounds like a good unit and that one interests me.  The old one does look better.  But, it's got the "Born to be Mild" look honda strives for and it's splitting hairs.

It's amazing how all the manufacturers have gotten caught out on the plank, though, upsizing models like this "to meet American tastes."  Oil's outlook has been seriously dodgey since '04, so they've all had ample time to alter their products significantly or better hedge with existing smaller models.  Remarkable.  

Graduate, Rodan School of Automotive Design

s2000black s2000black
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/08/08
10:43 PM

Although the '08 TSX will be the best value, good luck finding one with the features you want.  I think I would wait until the '09 TL is released, then decide.  I would also consider the accord is cost is a concern.  

ottorich ottorich
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/25/08
02:54 PM

I am not a big fan of the 2009 TL's interior styling.  The center console is much too busy and complicated for everyday usage.  The design of the center console  protrudes from the dashboard like a pimple, quite literally.  It is far too complex.  The ride is descent, and the intelligent 4-wheel drive keeps the vehicle in check most of the time.  However, I would not dish out close to 45-grand based on the horrible design of the interior.  

sandiegan sandiegan
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 11/25/08
06:30 PM

I think the TSX is outclassed at its price point as a 200hp FWD.  It's a good all around car, but I think there are better to be had.

If it were my money looking for one of these FWD sporty Acuras, I'd get an 04-06 Acura TL with A-Spec kit (6MT of course  Cool ).
1081714611 Acura TL A Spec  

Phil Floraday Phil Floraday
Administrator | Posts: 121 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 11/26/08
07:27 AM

I agree with ottorich. The 2009 TL's interior is an ergonomic failure. It can be very complicated to change the radio station or play a CD while the car is in motion. And I think the exterior is a bit classier on the 2008 car.

Either way you choose, you'll end up with a very respectable ride. Your best bet is to drive the cars and see which fits your driving style best.  

j_rossdale j_rossdale
New User | Posts: 46 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/27/08
03:53 AM

Based on looks alone, I would say get the TL.  

Gran Turismo Gran Turismo
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 04/11
Posted: 04/16/11
12:03 PM

Acura TL...best looking sedan.  
Gran Turismo

Uiopki Uiopki
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/27/12
08:59 AM

Just drove a '09 TSX when I took my '04 TL in for service. TL destroys the TSX in every category except handling. TSX felt like it was wheezing compared to the TL. Although, the TSX was pretty fun to corner.  

Mithachiku Mithachiku
User | Posts: 79 | Joined: 12/13
Posted: 02/24/14
11:45 PM

I think should go with 09 TSX.

Thanks
Regards
Haley Has It For Less  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2014 Acura TSX
30635 - 39275