Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Buy a Honda or Toyota Hybrid?

| 
david.yochum david.yochum
New User | Posts: 36 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 05/21/08
12:57 PM

Honda has announced it plans to build the "most affordable" small hybrid (scheduled to be introduced in early 2009). Though the company already gave us the Insight, we are wondering if U.S. consumers who now associate hybrid technology with Toyota will be more inclined to buy a Honda hybrid or stick to a Prius (or will most be waiting/holding their breathe for the Chevy Volt)?  Moreover, are Honda and Toyota hybrid buyers even the same consumer?  Confused  

bigtime bigtime
New User | Posts: 29 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 05/24/08
04:13 PM

Toyota prius buyers are there own breed. These idiots really think there saving the world. Everyone else who buys a hybrid wants to save money.

I look forward to the honda. Honda has always amazed me, whether it be there cars, bikes, generators, mowers, and even their new plane.

The volt might be interesting, but I don't think anyone is waiting for that. If you need a car your buying a car. The volt will have a waiting list ten miles long if it delivers what it has promised. Which interestly begs the question, what is GM going to do with all its other cars? Why would you buy a cobalt or a CTS or anything when you can get a volt with that kind of mpg? It will be interesting to see how they sell the volt. I suspect it will be very expensive or they will attach some other marketing scheme, etc. to it. Like leasing the battery.  

kala20 kala20
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/29/08
02:21 AM

hi, i am inclined to buy a Toyota hybrid.I couldnt care about so much the price.  
www.onVon.com
a china whole sale like ebay
sale electronic items and other car accessories

rms492 rms492
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/29/08
08:19 AM

I'll take the Honda Hybrid, especially the CR-Z concept that just got the green light.  Besides the Insight, can you name another 2-door Hybrid?  The sporty hybrid coupe has just arrived, way to go Honda.  Get me on that waiting list asap.  

middleoroad middleoroad
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 06/05/08
06:46 PM

Save 6 to 10k and buy a regular Civic or a Corolla,you'll get 35 to 40 mpg and any garage can fix it and you wont pay extra for tires.Batteries are tough on the environment(mining),are toxic and use up resources at recycling time.When cellulosic ethanol hits the market prices of motor fuels will come down some due to competition(corn ethanol will go away)and 40 mpg will be good enough.(at 15k/yr 40 mpg uses 75 more gal than 50 mpg annually).Verenium opened their 1.4 MMG/yr pilot plant in May,expect to see more cellulosic plants opening soon from POET,Mascoma,Coskata and Sun ethanol.All running on renewable non food grasses and  waste products.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice