Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

LIFEBELT

| 
clwood clwood
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/13/08
09:25 AM

I have a 16 year old new driver and found this new product at nobucklenostart.com. It was on a Las Vegas News channel.

I am thinking of purchasing it. Is there anyone who has it or has used it? What do you think about it? Does anyone know if any insurance companies offer a discount if you install it?  

jettmall jettmall
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 06/06/08
07:45 PM

nice\  

marc.noordeloos marc.noordeloos
User | Posts: 174 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 07/28/08
07:04 AM

Picture this: your child is rushing to get in the car because someone is chasing him/her. In a rush, he/she tries to start the car to get away but it won't fire up because he/she forgets that he/she has to buckle his seatbelt.

Teach your kid to buckle his seatbelt by showing him that you buckle it each time you get in the car. On top of that, newer cars sound a bell anytime you try to drive the car without a seatbelt buckled.

My vote, a worthless and potentially unsafe product. Plus, I think adding an aftermarket system like this opens up possible electrical problems.  

Culprit1000 Culprit1000
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 04/15/09
12:17 PM

I think it's a must have!

I have one in all our vehicles. Have had them for over two years. My 5 year old used to climb out from the back and pop up in front. No more of that. The radio goes off if he tries to get out. And the 16 year old, I now know for a fact he and his friends are buckled. You can teach all you want but I have seen enough cases of people who were "seat belt people" tossed and killed in crashes. It happens. The numbers don't lie.

The best couple hundred I've spent for peace of mind.  

Culprit1000 Culprit1000
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 04/15/09
12:24 PM

Marc,

Your comments are frightening, ignorant and misplaced. Does your child get chased much?

Does the sound keep them safe? How many older cars are on the road?

Heck we have airbags now......who needs a seat belt!

My vote, your ignorant to the number of teens killed in crashes each year due to lack of a seat belt being properly used.

Do your research. On the numbers and the product before posting a worthless opinion. There are no electrical issues with my LIFEBELT period.

Check it out before you state erroneous information.

http://www.nobucklenostart.com  

stacyh stacyh
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/16/09
09:30 PM

What's more plausible: getting chased or getting into a fatal accident (which is the biggest killer in our country?)...and btw: my car doesn't have a seatbelt chime. Confused  

francisco500 francisco500
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/12
Posted: 08/16/12
04:11 PM

THIS IS MY REALLY BAD EXPIRIENCE WITH LIFEBELT.

I´M A MEXICAN ENGENEER WHO CONTACTED LIFEBELT  IN FEBRUARY 2011,   FOR THE DISTRIBIUTION OF THEIR PRODUCT IN THE CITY OF LEON IN MEXICO.

ROB LIMPP, A LIFEBELT EMPLOYEE, TOOK MY CASE AND  OVER COUPLE OF MONTHS WE WERE READY TO SIGN A CONTRACT AND WAS ESTABLISHED A PURCHASE OF 100 LIFEBELT DEVICES TO START THE NEW BUSINESS.

I WANTED TO MAKE SURE  THAT IT WAS A ESTABLISHED COMPANY SO I  DID A TRIP TO LAS VEGAS, NV. WHERE THEY ARE, AND ALSO ONE OF THE MAIN PURPOSES WAS TO LEARN ABOUT THE INSTALLATION OF THE PRODUCT.

IN LAS VEGAS I HAD THE FIRST  APPOINTMENT WITH ROB LIMPP IN A RENTED OFFICE ( NOT THEIR OFFICE) A RENTED OFFICE EXCLUSIVELY FOR THAT MEETING, WE TALKED A LOT ABOUT THE PRODUCT AND TOLD ME THAT THEY WERE IN TALKS WIT TOYOTA, JAGUAR AND TATA MOTORS ( NOW I DOUB IT)

THEN IN THE AFTERNOON ANOTHER MEETING AT A CHEAP  PIZZA PLACE WHERE I DID MEET ROB ALLISON, THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY, AND BRIAN THORNTON, A GUY THAT WORKS FOR LIFEBELT.  IN THERE,  WE TALKED A LOT ABOUT THE PRODUCT AND THE BIG CHANCES FOR THE MEXICAN MARKET, I  INSISTED IN LEARNING ABOUT THE INSTALLATION
BECAUSE IT WAS A VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE AND ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS FOR THE TRIP. THEY TOLD ME THAT IT WAS SO EASY THAT ANYONE COULD DO IT,  I HAD A RENTED CAR THAT I WANTED TO DO IT ON IT., BUT THEY MINIMIZED THE INSTALLATION THING ALWAYS.

ROB ALLISON AT THE TIME APPEARED TO ME AS A TRUSTY GUY, NOT A BUSINESS MAN, BUT A DECENT PERSON.

EVEN ALL THE EVIDENCES THAT LIFEBELT WAS NOT A FORMAL COMPANY, WITH NO ESTABLISHED OFFICES, ONLY THE OWNER AND TWO INFORMAL EMPLOYEES, I TRUSTED ROB ALLISON AND I DECIDED TO INVEST,  AND BUY THE 100 INITIAL DEVICES.

OVER A MONTH LATER THE DEVICES ARRIVED TO MEXICO, I ALREADY HIRED SALES PEOPLE AND A QUALIFIED TECHNISIAN.    THE IDEA WAS TO SELL IT  AT THE NEW CAR DEALERSHIPS, WE STARTED WITH MAZDA AND SUZUKI,

WE DECIDED AT FIRST TO INSTALL IT TO SEVERAL DEMO CARS, SO THE CUSTOMERS COULD UNDERSTAND WELL HOW THE LIFEBELT DEVICE WORK.       AT THE TIME OF THE INSTALLATION, FIRST AT MAZDA, THERE WERE  THE MAZDA TECHNISIAN, MY TECHNISIAN AND MYSELF, WE COULD NOT MAKE THE DEVICE TO WORK PROPERLY, I CONTACTED ROB ALLISON, ONLY BY MAIL BECAUSE HE NEVER ANSWERS HIS CELL PHONE, AND DAYS LATER HE CAME WITH SOME IDEAS THAT WE ALREADY DID AND WERE USELESS.    SAME THING HAPPENED AT SUKUKI,  WE COULD NOT MAKE THE DEVICE TO WORK AS ADVERTIZED.
EVEN WE SPENT OVER 20 HOURS OF TESTS.

THE VEREDICT IS THAT THE LIFEBELT DEVICE IS DETECTED BY THE CAR´S   COMPUTER, AS A  WRONG FUNCTIONING   OF THE CAR SISTEM AND  SEVERAL LIGHTS AT   DASH BOARD START TO LIGHT UP, INCLUDING THE “ CHECK ENGINE SOON “ , “ STABILI TRAK” AMONG OTHERS AND IN SOME DRIVING TESTS THE CAR JUST STOP WORKING AT ALL. ( UNTIL THE DEVICE WAS TAKED AWAY, THE CAR WORKED AGAIN JUST FINE). SO THE DEVICE PROBABLY WORKS FINE ON OLD CARS THAT DOES NOT HAVE A COMPUTER.

AFTER THIS BAD EXPERIENCE, I DECIDED TO STOP WITH THE NEW LIFEBELT BUSINESS. I CALLED ROB ALLISON TO LET HIM KNOW HOW DISAPOINTED I WAS WITH THE PRODUCT AND THE LACK OF INTEREST OF HIM IN HELPING US TO SOLVE THE PROBLEMS,    HE TOLD ME THAT HE WAS SO ASHAMED OF WHAT HAPPENED, AND HE OFFERED ME TO BUY BACK HIS PRODUCT AND TOLD ME THAT HE WAS A MEN OF HIS WORD.
THIS WAS ON OCTUBER 2011, LATER ON HE STARTED TO FADE AWAY, AND AT THIS POINT ON JUNE 2012 HE HAS NOT PAID ME ANYTHING AND HE DOES NOT ANSWER MY MAILS, OVIOUSLY NOT THE CELL PHONE..

AT THEIR WEB SITE THEY HAVE A PHONE CONTACT WHERE A LADY TELLS YOU THAT THEY NO LONGER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM, THE ADRESS DOES NOT EXIST.      AND  WHERE IT SAYS “ RETURNS AND EXCHANGES”  TELLS YOU TO LOOK AT THE OWNERS MANUAL  OF YOUR PRODUCT AND THERE, IT DOESN’T SAY ANYTHING.

SO IN CONCLUSION, THE DEVICE DOES NOT WORK FINE ON RECENT MODEL CARS, THE COMPANY DOES NOT EXIST, THE EMPLOYEES AFTER THEY TOOK MY MONEY, DON’T ANSWER CALLS AT ALL,  AND ROB ALLISON DOES NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS AT ALL,  AND HE IS NOT A MEN OF HIS WORD, SO I DECIDED TO SUIT THEM ALL AND PREVENT OTHER PEOPLE LIKE ME TO  DO BUSINESS WITH THEM

FRANCISCO HERNANDEZ.
LEON, MEXICO.  

davidshark108@yahoo.com davidshark108@yahoo.com
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 11/05/12
04:15 AM

Life belts are there for one reason only - to keep people safe in case of an emergency.  

Tom Peters Tom Peters
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/13
Posted: 09/13/13
07:58 PM

THIS IS MY REALLY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH LIFEBELT.
I was watching the first season of Shark Tank (2010) and really liked the product that I saw. Being a sales representative in the automotive industry,  I thought about the product and what the purpose of it was for and decided to contact Rob Allison and make arrangements to see if I could be the distributor for the Lifebelt here in Western Canada.
After talking to Rob Allison and his sidekick Brian Thornton a number of times he agreed to ship a sample up to me in Canada (Brian complained that it cost him $65.00 to ship it to me.) I wasn't impressed with the attitude of Brian. Here I was looking to make an investment in the company and here he was complaining," what a way to do business".
Anyway the product was packaged well and the Lifebelt seemed to work on my 2007 Ford 500 (Taurus).  So after seeing it work I decided to purchased 115 units from Rob. Two days later Rob got in touch with me and told me that he had made a shipment to a company in Montreal who was going to be handling his distribution for eastern Canada. For some unseen reason they decided not to continue dealing with Rob and pulled out of their project. (A sad note to this part of my story was that one of their young top executives went on a trip the next day after cancelling their arrangements with Rob and was killed in a car crash and according to the police report was not wearing a seat belt.) "What a waste of a young Life"!
So I then purchased the 115 units from Rob and he had them routed from Montreal to Edmonton Alberta where I live. During my many conversations with Rob Allison he indicated that the Lifebelt had been certified for the US and Canada which was not true as far as Canada goes. There was NO CSA approval nor FCC or any other certification for the Lifebelt.  
I had planned a number of meetings with some local auto dealerships and they showed some interest but when they found out that there was no certification they declined the product.
I called Rob Allison and he said that he was sorry and that he would buy back all the stock that I had. All I had to do was ship it to him via UPS and when he received them he would sent me a check. "Nice try"! I did not trust him and was not going to send the Lifebelts back until I had my investment back ($15,000.00) and that was just for the product. That does not cover the cost of advertising and promoting the product in Canada.
I have personally contacted a number of the dealerships in the US that he supposedly had made deals with to carry his product and NO one is carrying the product nor do they want to at this time. Everything that he says is a bunch of BS and a number of us have been taken for a ride by a real con.  
The product works on most older model cars that do not have today's computer system and that's great. But trying to retail something that does not work on today's car is a con. He still runs a website for the Lifebelt  products and when you call the phone number you don't even get the Lifebelt company.
You get Safety Mom and Safety Solutions. What the hell is this? Maybe a new con for a new day? Many people have lost a lot of money because of this very dishonest person. And in my case I have lost a lot of trust in people and I watch Shark Tank in a whole new light.
I got the same treatment that Francisco Hernandez from Leon Mexico got. We both have been ripped off by a conman.  

Tom Peters Tom Peters
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/13
Posted: 09/13/13
07:58 PM

THIS IS MY REALLY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH LIFEBELT.
I was watching the first season of Shark Tank (2010) and really liked the product that I saw. Being a sales representative in the automotive industry,  I thought about the product and what the purpose of it was for and decided to contact Rob Allison and make arrangements to see if I could be the distributor for the Lifebelt here in Western Canada.
After talking to Rob Allison and his sidekick Brian Thornton a number of times he agreed to ship a sample up to me in Canada (Brian complained that it cost him $65.00 to ship it to me.) I wasn't impressed with the attitude of Brian. Here I was looking to make an investment in the company and here he was complaining," what a way to do business".
Anyway the product was packaged well and the Lifebelt seemed to work on my 2007 Ford 500 (Taurus).  So after seeing it work I decided to purchased 115 units from Rob. Two days later Rob got in touch with me and told me that he had made a shipment to a company in Montreal who was going to be handling his distribution for eastern Canada. For some unseen reason they decided not to continue dealing with Rob and pulled out of their project. (A sad note to this part of my story was that one of their young top executives went on a trip the next day after cancelling their arrangements with Rob and was killed in a car crash and according to the police report was not wearing a seat belt.) "What a waste of a young Life"!
So I then purchased the 115 units from Rob and he had them routed from Montreal to Edmonton Alberta where I live. During my many conversations with Rob Allison he indicated that the Lifebelt had been certified for the US and Canada which was not true as far as Canada goes. There was NO CSA approval nor FCC or any other certification for the Lifebelt.  
I had planned a number of meetings with some local auto dealerships and they showed some interest but when they found out that there was no certification they declined the product.
I called Rob Allison and he said that he was sorry and that he would buy back all the stock that I had. All I had to do was ship it to him via UPS and when he received them he would sent me a check. "Nice try"! I did not trust him and was not going to send the Lifebelts back until I had my investment back ($15,000.00) and that was just for the product. That does not cover the cost of advertising and promoting the product in Canada.
I have personally contacted a number of the dealerships in the US that he supposedly had made deals with to carry his product and NO one is carrying the product nor do they want to at this time. Everything that he says is a bunch of BS and a number of us have been taken for a ride by a real con.  
The product works on most older model cars that do not have today's computer system and that's great. But trying to retail something that does not work on today's car is a con. He still runs a website for the Lifebelt  products and when you call the phone number you don't even get the Lifebelt company.
You get Safety Mom and Safety Solutions. What the hell is this? Maybe a new con for a new day? Many people have lost a lot of money because of this very dishonest person. And in my case I have lost a lot of trust in people and I watch Shark Tank in a whole new light.
I got the same treatment that Francisco Hernandez from Leon Mexico got. We both have been ripped off by a conman.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice