Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Motorsport Dream List. What's yours?

| 
SSmith SSmith
New User | Posts: 33 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 04/29/08
04:46 PM

When I was little, I spent entirely too much time getting dirty, poking around in my dad's garage, and taking things apart. (They usually never went back together. Dad still hasn't forgiven me for our first Betamax player.) But I also spent a lot of time reading. Books, magazines, old issues of Automobile Quarterly, anything I could get my hands on was fair game. A nasty-happy little byproduct of that is that I have this long laundry list of dream events that I want to see--the iconic stuff, the once-in-a-lifetime stuff, the stuff I have to do before I die. Here's my short list:

-24 Hours of Nurburgring

-24 Hours of Le Mans

-NASCAR race under the lights at Bristol

-Bonneville Speed Week

-24 Hours of Daytona

-F1 at Monaco

Granted, most of this stuff is fairly obvious, but I'm curious to see whether or not anyone else's Big List agrees with mine (this is just the short list). So, with that in mind, what else? Where would you go? What would you do? What do you have to see?  

JeanJennings JeanJennings
New User | Posts: 26 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 04/30/08
05:23 AM

Worthy worthy worthy!

But you also need to add the RAC rally. Also a World of Outlaws sprint car race at Eldora.

--Jean Jennings  

Phil Floraday Phil Floraday
Administrator | Posts: 121 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 05/01/08
07:20 AM

How about Baja 1000 and Paris-Dakar?  

taildraggin taildraggin
User | Posts: 76 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 05/02/08
03:07 AM

Camping at the Isle of Man TT and busting a gold card at Monaco F1.  

Graduate, Rodan School of Automotive Design

rblackwell rblackwell
User | Posts: 71 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 05/02/08
05:38 AM

Nice list, and good additions by others.  But you seriously, seriously, seriously (!) need to add an NHRA POWERade event where the Top Fuel and/or Funny Cars qualify at night (the Winternationals at Pomona, the U.S. Nationals at Indy, and the Mopar Mile-Highs at Denver top the list).  The roar shakes your innards, the firelight out of the exhaust pipes singes your retinas, and the tire smoke and nitro fumes abuse your sinuses.

It's great!  In Denver, the sound even echoes off the nearby mountains.

My dream list also includes the snowy WRC event in Sweden.  

SSmith SSmith
New User | Posts: 33 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/08/08
01:12 PM

Ahh, WRC in Europe. Or the Isle of Man TT in Ireland. Or, as long as we're hoping, and we've brought up the P-D race, I'll take chasing the now-defunct Paris-Dakar race by helicopter. The list is endless...

Also, I don't just want to go to Daytona, I want to sit in the stands through an entire 24-hour race. All of it. Spend the entire race perched on one seat, just to see if I could do it. Why? Because it's there.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice