Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Hypothetically, I work for Saab..

| 
hilTE hilTE
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/02/08
09:45 AM

What would better entice you, the consumer, to visit a Saab showroom?

*A turbo, sports coupe
*More XWD models
*More streamlined vehicle designs
*An electric Saab hybrid (similar to Chevy's Volt)
*Larger sedans  

Phil Floraday Phil Floraday
Administrator | Posts: 121 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 04/03/08
08:58 AM

A turbo sports coupe would be sweet.  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
User | Posts: 211 | Joined: 06/06
11:09 AM

Cars with some attitude and balls that aren't too expensive. And this "Born from Jets" campaign is retarded. You need more humor in your ads. You know, a play on the "Birkenstocks & Flannel" Vermonter stereotype.  

A Volt-type vehicle would be great. I think the traditional psychographic of a Saab buyer is attracted to the Prius, if they don't already own one. Offering them an alternative to the Prius would be a smart move.

You need to have something equivalent to the C30, maybe a 5-door model. Saab has always been quirky and unique (until recently). I think strategically, it was a mistake to drop all your 3 and 5-doors. I know the conventional wisdom is that Americans don't buy hatchbacks, but the typical Saab buyer is far from your "average" American. The "SportCombi" models are cool, but too obviously a wagon. Bring back a 5-door, like the old 900s.

Saab needs to combine the following in its marketing and products:

1) Performance pedigree of Audi (which it has, just hasn't done as good a job promoting it)
2) Quirkiness of Subaru (which it had)
3) "Scandinavian-ness" of Volvo

I think your core demographic lies somewhere between those three brands, and those are your best bets for conquest sales.  

ankur ankur
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 04/07
01:40 PM

How about cars that actually have character once again?

RWD would be nice (a G35/3 series fighter) but try to do the basics right, and regain some footing in the US market.   No wants a rebranded GM that is sold as a Saab!  

02:15 PM

ankur, for Saab, I'd stick with FWD or AWD. That's their heritage. Yeah, Saab definitely needs some personality in its lineup. They've become too much of a GM Opel Euro-clone.

I used to think Saabs were weird & cool. Now they're neither.  

kaspar kaspar
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/04/08
05:50 AM

Anybody remember the 9x?  that would do it for me!  

NackoDuck NackoDuck
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/07/08
11:11 AM

How about an updated Sonett in the Audi TT size range? If done right, it would be in my garage.  

Posted: 04/08/08
05:19 PM

Icon QuoteNackoDuck:
How about an updated Sonett in the Audi TT size range? If done right, it would be in my garage.

THAT'S what I'm talking about! Cars that hearken back to Saab's heritage, but are competitive and comparable to modern counterparts.  

bwik bwik
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/08/08
11:12 PM

Howdy, I own a pretty recent 2006 Saab 9-3.  Love the car and it was cheap, only $25k new.  

Saab just needs a new 9-5 sedan, which it is getting.  A Crossover.  And for the time being, their 9-3 product is rather good.  Its bones are old but I would rather have a fully sorted out platform than a newer one with faults.

Regardless, Saab is a nice little brand.  A coupe is part of their heritage so it would make a good "mascot" type of offering.  

Saab should stay light, Scandanavian and avoid big, heavy cars and SUVs.  I would also like to see them embrace diesel and hybrid.  It is a great little brand.  

DarrylBrandt DarrylBrandt
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/12/08
08:11 PM

I agree. I married intoa  GM family. I've had TWO Azteks (loved the quirkiness) , a Vibe (liked the gas milage, hated the lack of style) and the Mailbu (If I can't have quirky, at least I can have a nice interior.)

Our Equinox's lease is up in December & I am ready to snatch up the first 9-1 that makes it to AZ. Why doesn't GM understnad we'd pay $24K-$30K for a small vehicle with a luxury interior. The standard small car GM interiors look like something you'd send a kid off to callege in. Small doesn't have to equal cheap.

C'mon 9-1 ! ! ! A hybrid would be even better! (but realistically, I can't expect it cuz my luck has never been that strong.)  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice