1 |  2 |  3 |  4 |  5 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts   

honda odyssey transmission problem

| 
hontoy hontoy
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/09/08
01:54 PM

Dealer at Garden Stzte Hindda replaced my honda 2000 trasmission and told me that
(1)I have to pay $600 buks for replacing three its mounts. I found that parts cost apr. $70 each. Know someone how to avoid some costs.
(2) Front end allignment after replacing transmissionis my responsibility or services?
(3) will I have warranty for replaced one.
Please help  

dcordero dcordero
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 08/11/08
04:30 AM

I have a Honda Odyssey 2002 last year we went to the dealer because we felt that the transmission was having some trouble shifting from 30 to 40 miles. The dealer indicated that it could be the engine mount points which we replace. Apparently that alleviated the issue but we still can feel the shifting issue. Does anyone know is Honda is replacing those transmission under factory defect since I read more and more that a lot customers are having similar issue.  

zippycar905 zippycar905
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 08/13/08
09:05 AM

We have a 2000 and had the same problems.  Becareful because there was a recall on our if you complained about the problems prior to 160,000 km.  We did and it didn't get us anywhere they insisted that it was only fluid levels that needed to be topped up and belts that needed to be tightened.  At 190,000 km the tranny went had to pay $ 3500 for a new tranny and 2 hours after picking up the vehilce it had to be towed back to the dealership because the serpintine belt went, this is now going to cost us an additional $ 2500 - $ 3800.  I noticed another posting on here in regards to a class action suit, my husband and I would be willing to join, we need to join together.  

skilly skilly
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 09/15/08
06:14 AM

I am currently battling with Honda because we have a 2003 Honda Odyssey, 120k, serviced religiously with Honda and the transmission went between 2-3 gears.  I know there was a recall, I went to the dealership and they told me although there was a recall, they checked our transmission in 2005.  Then they said my transmission fluid was black - I questioned the fact that they serviced it in January and July of this year alone - why wasn't it checked when we specifically paid for "fluid checks".  We just finished our last payment in August and are devastated - they quoted us over $5k to replace the transmission.

A mechanic told me to fight this, did anyone have any luck with warranties?  

KevM37 KevM37
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 09/21/08
04:20 PM

Im having a similar problem 2000 odyssey transmission lost drive while on the highway cruise set at 100km hr on flat terrain. No warning at all. So made it to the next town in 3rd gear approx 100 km then lost all forward gears.Im a licenced mechanic for 10 years and do all my own services checked everything before leaving on the family trip all was good . So van is now sitting at honda dealership 500 kms away and they tell me im out of the extended warranty by 3 months. Now too me this shouldnt have been extended warranty but a recall. The bill im told is going to be between 3500 - 4500 dollars and honda will do nothing . So bottom line any information on the class action law suit would be appreciated.  

allcanadian allcanadian
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 09/25/08
01:43 PM

I have a 2000 Odyssey as well.  Same problems.  Mine is 4 months over warranty.  Just contacted Jim Poyner in North Vancouver, Canada.  I'm wondering if any other Canadians are interested in pursuing this class action lawsuit with me.  He says he's had phone calls, but no one willing to represent.  

jflores4597 jflores4597
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 09/30/08
01:42 PM

I am in the USA but having similar problems with Honda my Trani is out at 90,000 miles and they want me to pay $4,500 to replace it.  I first went to the local dealership and then never told me about the trani lawsuit, they also made me pay $110 to tell me my trani was out which is what I told them when I went their.  I researched it and my VIN was part of the law suit. They still want me to pay. They are trying to get out of it.  I'm printing all these blogs and going to the attorney with proof of them doing it to others. The phone number is (619) 231-8666 who was involved in the class action law suit if you would like to call them.  

popoy021 popoy021
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/02/08
05:49 PM

sure, i have 2002 odyssey with trans problem, won;t shift to 1,2, and 3 ,.they won't cover this as factory deffect.please reply, i am willing to file a case against honda  

allcanadian allcanadian
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 10/03/08
01:39 PM

Do you live in Canada or USA?  Have you serviced your vehicle at the dealer, and then have you spoken to customer relations at Honda?  If not, I can assist you as to what to say.  I just recently dealt with all this myself, and Honda Canada agreed to pay for the transmission, but I had to pay for the install.  Also, on this website, instead of clicking on Honda, and then the transmission problems, click on Technical Discussions, and then 2003 Honda Odyssey Transmission problems.  It's like 15 pages long, but lots of helpful information.  

KevM37 KevM37
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 10/05/08
06:47 AM

Just picked up van from Olson Honda 500 km away. The bill was 4700.00 besides the transmission it also needed axles which they couldnt get out as well as stabilizer links and other misc parts. Now if I did this at the dealership I work at they would probably fire me we reuse all parts no matter how hard they are too remove.Forgot to mention 50 km down the highway the TCS light came back on which happenend just before tranny went 2 weeks ago , but at least im home now and will scan the code on Monday at work. Anybody ever heard of canvamp I was told they may be able to help  

wiso7 wiso7
Posted: 10/12/08
01:42 PM

MY 2000 HONDA ODDYSSEY SHIFT VERY HARD AND LATE  

meunierc meunierc
Posted: 10/25/08
09:27 AM

Hello, I have the same 2000 Odyssey Transmission like yours and I live in Quebec, Canada and would go beside you on this class action lawsuit when ready.
C.Meunier  

allcarshow.com allcarshow.com
Posted: 10/26/08
07:55 AM

My office have a used Odyssey, It is ok. You can see all kind of car by visiting http://allcarshow.com
Thanks  

jozef jozef
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/30/08
07:29 PM

I have a 2000 Honda Accord with transmission problem (P0740, P0730) with 123K. I have seen a recall page with warranty extension for 100K or 7 years so i didnt qualify for both. The warranty clearly tells there may be a material or workmanship issue. I contacted honda and thay are asking me to put 75%($2200+) and rest by american honda.

Why should i be responsible for their mistakes?And i first felt this transmission issue in the middle of a crowded highway and luckly saved from a big accident,. I had 4 people and a kid in my car. This is surely a matter of safety. I have only contacted honda so far.
Anythg else i need to do now?  

jelincic jelincic
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/03/08
10:53 AM

I have a 2002 Honda Odyssey. First reported transmission problem when driving in the hills of Tennessee at 34K. Returned again at 35K and the dealer installed an oil jet. I occasionally had some hard shifts or rough idles that came and went. At 95K I had two issues within a week. 1) The vehicle shut off at highway speed 2) Vehicle did the equivalent of a "neutral drop" and red-lined when passing. These were one-time occurrences and could not be reproduced at will. Needless to say this was a severe safety issue, and I took it into the dealer to be checked out.

The dealer reported that I needed a $3800.00 new transmission. After reading this thread I had the dealer call America Honda. Although not the best outcome, I only had to pay a $500 deductible and received the new engineered transmission and a 3 year or 36K mile warranty.  

1 |  2 |  3 |  4 |  5 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice