1 |  2 |  3 |  4 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts   

Honda Canada Sucks!

| 
jimmyf jimmyf
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 03/07/08
05:56 PM

I live in Canada and I was travelling to the US this past Christmas. I had a problem with steering and so stopped and checked into a hotel. My baby boy was sick and getting worse. I called Honda Roadside Asisstance. They sent a Tow truck and I handed the driver my key. My car was towed to a dealership. Apparently the tow truck driver left the hand brake on and towed most of the way wiping out the rear brakes, drum, bearings etc. He must have realized his mistake before getting there and cleverly released the handbrake before rolling into the dealership. The Tech at the dealership found the drums very hot and so opened and found the parts ruined. I have since repaired at a dealership in Canada but Honda refuses to take responsibility for the tow company they dispatched. They say I have to take the matter up with the Towers, who of course are denying they left the handbrake on. I am left in the lurch by Honda Canada. Never buy Honda! They do not honor their warranty and will try to blame the problem on a third party.
Quoting Dave MacDonald (Supervisor, Customer service Honda Canada) "Honda does not take resposibility for the quality of service provided by towers we dispatch as part of the HONDA Roadside Assisstance."
How do I know they will not do the same on any future in-warranty claim and wriggle out of it? I am not happy with my civic and would like to return it for a refund! Isn't there some law protecting people from this sort of crookery? Or are companies in Canada allowed to trample on peoples rights?
If anybody has any advise on my next step please help!
Thanks in advance. Frown  

pshanley pshanley
User | Posts: 146 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 03/10/08
04:16 PM

I own a 2002 Odyssey, I have been fighting with Honda Canada regarding my transmission problems.  HOnda Canada, Honda Inc. need to be taught a lesson in customer service and their lack of quality in their product.  I don't believe you can return the vehicle, however, if you begin litigation for loss of use and damages regarding the abovementioned, file the Statement of Claim in the area you reside at Small Claims Court (Ontario it must be under $10,000).  That will get their attention and don't forget to add the towing company and the driver individually.  I am willing to wager that will prompt them into action.  If you know of anyone who has had transmission problems ask them to email me, we are starting a Class Action Lawsuit.

Good Luck  

jimmyf jimmyf
Posted: 03/20/08
09:08 AM

Thanks for your reply. I wish you luck and I will convey the message to anyone I know that has a 2002 Odyssey. I am writing to Honda CEO in Japan. If that does not do it I will file a case in small claims court. We must spread the word about Honda Canada in as many forums as possible. I really wish I had bought a Toyota instead. I lived in the US before and bought a Toyota at a dealership there. The salesman tried to cheat me by adding an extended waranty that I had not asked for. I signed the papers without checking but realised I had been taken the next day. The dealership refused to take the money for the warranty off. I called Toyota headquarters. They gave me a file number right away and told me I should call them back if the dealership did not contact me within 24 hours and resolve my prob. Two hours later, the dealership called, apologised and cancelled the amount! Now that is customer service.
I really wanted to buy a Toyota Prius this time but the Toyota dealership had none to test drive. Instead of waiting, I made the mistake of rushing to the Honda dealership and ended up buying the HCH. What a great mistake! Never more Honda.  

ishi626 ishi626
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 03/20/08
11:18 AM

I also purchased a new 2006 Civic EX and have been very happy with the vehicle. Have you tried working with your dealer to get this matter escalated within Honda Canada? Sometimes if you have a good relationship with the dealer where you purchased the vehicle they can step in and work with you. Its worth a shot.....good luck.  

Catherine1 Catherine1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 03/23/08
01:33 PM

We briefly owned a 2003 Honda Civic and the rotors warped under normal driving conditions at 25,000km.  Honda Canada would not agree that this was not normal (I've never had warped rotors on any vehicle I've ever owned) and wouldn't fix them under warantee.  So instead of fixing a defective part, we traded the vehicle in on a 2007 Toyota which now has 50,000 km on it and no brake issues.  

pshanley pshanley
User | Posts: 146 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 03/23/08
07:24 PM

Let me know if you need assistance.  I work in Litigation.  By the way, I was at Toyota yesterday looking at the Hybrid Highlander.  Maybe my piece of expensive junk Honda will be soon a memory.

P.  

Cowichan Cowichan
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/15/08
10:29 AM

I have a 2008 Accord ELX.  Not happy with the car and not at all happy with Honda dealership for lack so concern and worse Honda Canada refusal to address concerns.  Very,very poor gas mileage.  Navi system at least 4 years out of date.  Ask for a refund of extended warrantee, now waiting 3 weeks no reply.

Writing letter to Honda Canada did nothing.  They acknowledge receipt of the letter but gas usage was the way I drive and the Navi system was not theirs and I would have to go elsewhere.  The Navi system was a $2700 option.

Do I have any recourse.  

brushett brushett
Posted: 04/16/08
04:23 AM

I am driving a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid... 20,000 kms., and it has been junk since day one. I've had problems with windows, bearings, accessories, stalling, and most painfully, terrible gas mileage after my first Honda Service. This past week I got 18 MPG's city driving after a state of the art tune up! Honda says the car is working perfectly now, and I should be getting 72 MPG's. Customer relations at Honda leaves much to be desired. They are arrogant, rude, and are now the cause of me leaving Honda altogether. I am now trading this Hybrid JUNK after 18 months... and have filed an official complaint with Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs. I am so disappointed with Honda, having been a proud Honda owner for the past 23 years. Honda can go to Hell for their lack of reliable products, lack of competent Hybrid service techs, and certainly lack of Customer Relations Experts! Yes, I can only conclude tha HONDA CANADA SUCKS!  

rnedved rnedved
Posted: 04/16/08
12:12 PM

I have owned over 11 hondas.  I have never had any problems with warranties.  In fact, i have had to use the warranty only 3 times in the last 16 years.  If you thing GM, Ford, or Chrystler are any better, forget it.  They wont even admit they have a problem unless someone sues, and then its not their fault, but they will take care of it!
I agree with Honda.  For example, if you buy a camera and your friend uses it and drops and breaks it, is it the camera company responsible, or your friend?  Go after the towing company, they are responsible!  And let Honda know so they can cut ties with the towing company!  

jimmyf jimmyf
Posted: 04/20/08
08:51 AM

brushett, you said it correctly. No more Honda's on my family after this. My friends are Toyota fans too.
"I have owned over 11 hondas.  I have never had any problems with warranties.  In fact, i have had to use the warranty only 3 times in the last 16 years.  If you thing GM, Ford, or Chrystler are any better, forget it.  They wont even admit they have a problem unless someone sues, and then its not their fault, but they will take care of it!
I agree with Honda.  For example, if you buy a camera and your friend uses it and drops and breaks it, is it the camera company responsible, or your friend?  Go after the towing company, they are responsible!  And let Honda know so they can cut ties with the towing company! "
I did not lend my car to a friend. In case you don't know, Roadside assistance is part of your warranty buddy. If the camera company says your camera is warranted for a year and then if it breaks and they tell you to take it to Tom's repair shop to get it fixed under warranty and Tom breaks it, are you going to try to go after Tom? He is denying he broke it, so what do you do? You go after the camera company because the warranty was part of the deal when you bought the camera.
In my case, Honda called the tow company, I didn't. It is not my fault if Honda is trying to use cheap parts and labor to fix my car and then the cheap labor ends up breaking my car. Wisen up pal!  

ally1724 ally1724
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 06/13/08
06:50 AM

I also own a 2002 Odyssey, about which I have been struggling with Honda Canada about my transmission problem.  Customer service is a joke, I have multiple calls into a supervisor who won't return the call anymore.  They have offered $500 on a refurbed Honda tranny!  I discovered in the US Honda actually placed a 7 year, 100,000 mile warranty on the tranny due to the known issues with the transmission.  Honda Canada refuses to recognize anything.  I am looking for info on the Class Action Lawsuit, if you can provide details?

New Honda in my future, absolutely not.  

sonia403 sonia403
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 06/19/08
02:48 PM

I am having transmission problems BIG TIME!!  I was just over my warranty of 100,000 km but Honda Canada agreed to replace it becasue I bitched and bitched and bitched! LOL Now my 'new' tranny is giving me the same problems and they said they only pay for a repair once!!!! I asked them, you replaced my faulty tranny with another and it's my fault???? they said, sorry, that's just our company policy on repairing non warranteed items! I want to start a class action lawsuit for Canada.  The US had one and they won!  

sonia403 sonia403
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 06/19/08
02:53 PM

has anyone had any luck with a lawsuit over transmission repairs? My 2003 Accord has tranny prob, almost died on the road, they replaced it once but unfortunately the supposed 'new' tranny is also faulty.  Honda Canada said they will not fix again at their cost cuz no warrranty on 'new' tranny!!!  

butafly butafly
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/02/08
10:26 AM

I'm really glad to see that i am not the only one having problems with honda canada... I have a 2007 civic dxg i have had nothing but problems with it since i bought the damn thing. i was driving out of town one day and in the middle of a city street the car died. i could not get it going again, roadside assistance had tow my vehicle to the closest honda dealership where it spent 1 full month while they tried to fix it although they did however pay for my rental vehicle i was still mad. and now for the last 8 months there has been a starting problem that its not consistent and they can pinpoint it they have run all kinds of tests on it and they say the car is fine they replaced a fuel pump but that didn't work. i have been dealing with the dealership and customer relations about this and they make me feel like i am making this up and it is very upsetting. i bought this car because i didn't want the problems that come with used ones and now i am feeling like a used one would have been better than this peice of junk. i will never buy another honda. If you want poor quality customer service definatly go to honda.  

bbrennan bbrennan
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/02/08
06:08 PM

I've owned a few hondas over the years and have been very content.  I own an '06 Civic Ex and until Groundhog Day '08 I was still happy.  It was a Saturday and I was 2 hours away in Ottawa.  I could smell burnt anti-freeze and the temp gauge was heading north.  Pulled into the nearest Honda dealer (Hunt Club) whose service dept was closed.  Sales people told me to call roadside assistance (RA). RA told me to rent a car.  Hunt Club recommended a car rental place and I rented a bottom of the line Ford Focus.  On Monday, found out engine block on Civic was porous and anti-freeze was leaching out.  I needed a new engine.  Hunt Club said it would take a week so I informed RA that I would be extending the car rental.  Wife was in Ottawa following Saturday but car was going to take another week.  Following Saturday, picked up car and paid for rental.  Got home and discovered Hunt Club had forgotten to replace oil filler cap and I had oil all over the car and garage floor.  Hunt Club paid to have local dealer (Pembroke) shampoo engine.  Honda Canada refuses to reimburse 1200 dollar car rental.  Hunt Club said they'd give me 850 but I declined saying I'd check with local dealer to see what they'd do.  Local guy said I was being screwed.  Finally decided to accept 850 to avoid further stress and frustration, but Hunt Club now says the deal's off.  I have to sue someone because I only want what' right and fair.  Honda Canada passed the buck right off the bat and Hunt Club is only trying to save a few bucks.  I get nothing despite being told to rent the car in the first place, the inconvenience of having to drive to Ottawa a couple times, and paying interest on my credit card.  I will never buy another Honda product of any kind and I will never recommend a Honda product ever again.  

1 |  2 |  3 |  4 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice