Item Posts   

Pontiac to change badge?

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 02/14/07
12:09 PM

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/0702_pontiac_badge_poll/

Check out these pictures and take our poll. Do you think Pontiac will change its badge, a la G8 show car?  

Carletti Carletti
User | Posts: 62 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 02/14/07
10:00 PM

Pontiac...it's seriously not about the logo in the first place.  Stay true to tradition and the current logo and try to improve your image by lifting your current logo out of the gutter, so to speak (this will prove to stabilize sales in the long run, in my opinion).  

Nonetheless it's extremely difficult to predict what Pontiac will do, but if I held a position within the company, I wouldn't change a spec off of the current logo.  For continuity and steadiness is what wins hearts and minds in the long run, in my judgment.  I see a Pontiac logo change as, at best, a short term solution for attracting consumers.  

hammatime hammatime
Enthusiast | Posts: 303 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 03/03/07
08:51 PM

How about a GTO that does'nt look like a Chevy Cavalier with alloy wheels?  

racy63 racy63
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 12/20/07
11:11 AM

Seriously, who cares about the badge as long as they put it on something you want to drive. That being...Concept Trans Am Please sign the petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Bring_Back_The_Trans_Am/  

JoeyG8GT JoeyG8GT
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 12/20/07
02:17 PM

The new badge looks cool, but I don't see the point really over all.

Pontiac seems to be making strides with the G8, Solstice, and talks of a trans am and/or gto, but it's how they present the cars that they should work on, not how their badge looks.

An AWD G8 I think would only better themselves aswell.  

racy63 racy63
Posted: 12/25/07
08:29 PM

Personally prefer the old badge myself!  

JGrex1 JGrex1
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 12/26/07
11:06 AM

Keep the old badge, GM. Without any continuity of the "olden days," you might as well just dump the Pontiac brand.  

racy63 racy63
Posted: 01/02/08
07:35 AM

YES, KEEP THE OLD BADGE... AND PUT IT ON A NEW TRANS AM! (I'LL HAVE MINE IN BLACK PLEASE!)  

trannygranny trannygranny
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/02/08
06:45 PM

Don't turn our Trans Am into a Mustang!  Right now that's our only choice if we want a "hottie" with a back seat.   Bring back our Tranny!!! We need a GM "hottie".  

Millefune Millefune
New User | Posts: 12 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/18/08
10:21 PM

I voted to keep the old one. The new one looks tacky to me, not elegant. The current badge is pretty cool looking to me anyway. It's my second favorite badge design, next to the Subaru star constellation logo.  

monoxide monoxide
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/19/08
09:06 AM

No i don't think so...
Join us: http://www.autofriendship.com  
Do not remove a fly from your friend's forehead with a hatchet.
http://www.autofriendship.com

Mikebird59 Mikebird59
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/19/08
12:46 PM

Keep the old badge and get rid of the screaming eagle on the 2009 Trans Am!  

Warranties_For_Less Warranties_For_Less
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 03/01/08
04:00 PM

Interesting,

After GM lost record billions, isn't it about time they got smart and elininate all the individual dealers, like they did with Oldsmobile and consolidate all the lines under one roof, then simply name some of the more popular names on each, like GTO, TransAm and Bonneville and forget about Pontiac name.  Same goes for other lines, pull out the most remembered names, and skip the division brands.  Everyone knows a Camaro Z28, Impala and Corvette's are Chevrolets, so who really cares about division names anymore. Chrysler did it when they dropped Plymouth, so with changing times, changes are necessary across the board.

www.Warranties-For-Less.com  

keith7898 keith7898
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 07/29/08
10:47 AM

As one who grew up in the 50's and 60's when Pontiac became and was king, I say that Pontiac is now as redundant as Olds was in the 90s'. I am a Mopar fan but have always preferred Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles to anything else GM has ever offered. With profits being as scarce as hen's teeth for GM, Ford and Chrysler they need to rid themselves of dead weight and concentrate on what is profitable.
I have only seen 1 G8 on the hiway and almost as few Soltices. Most are still on the lot. Saturn should be sent to that planet or better still just dropped like a hot potato. Cad., Buick, Chev and GMC trucks and ( GMC Sport Utes )should make for a perfect hierarcy. GM you and the rest still need to rid yourself of the old badge marketing syndrome once and for all.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice