Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Japanese automobile design

| 
jstoianoff jstoianoff
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/12/08
03:10 PM

The February issue of Automobile had more insightful writing with better style than I, a confirmed motorhead, have consumed in many years.  The 'Japanese at last' article was very perceptive, but raises the question:  where has the perjorative 'Japanese design' gone?  Leafing through the issue and the 'STI surprise' article shows it hasn't left Japan entirely with inflated wheel bulges, DIY hood scoop and jumbled grille/headlight/vent architechture.  The Kia Slovakian manufacturing venture indicates it didn't cross over to Korea or metastasize to central europe.  AHA!  Page42--the new Corvette ZR1.  Technologically advanced no doubt, and no doubt the exterior design was done by an engineer too.  There is better visual flow on farm machines.  Where is the gai, the elan?  Gone back to Japan or its homeland Italy.  That Corvette is as UGLY as pearls on a hairy chest.  GM is recovering, but still devoid of panache.  

hammatime hammatime
Enthusiast | Posts: 303 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 01/18/08
05:46 PM

I disagree.

I like the Vettes style and love it's performance.  

Millefune Millefune
New User | Posts: 12 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/18/08
10:26 PM

I'm a big fan of the Corvette, but the C6 with its edgy "modern day wannabe BMW (I think they started the whole edgy thing that Cadillac is now taking to an extreme)" styling cues, isn't as beautiful as the C5. The C5 had a sexy curvy body. I miss the styles from the late '90s: C5, RX-7, 3000GT, 550 Maranello, McLaren F1, etc.  

monoxide monoxide
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/19/08
09:04 AM

"That Corvette is as UGLY as pearls on a hairy chest."
You are insane!  
Do not remove a fly from your friend's forehead with a hatchet.
http://www.autofriendship.com

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice