Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Forester Hybrid

| 
NinaPak NinaPak
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 11/17/07
12:33 PM

My Forester is getting old, I want to get a new one, but have been waiting for a Subaru Forester Hybrid. Now I see they are making a Hybrid but I don't like this new trend of narrow windows. I like the clear visibility of the Forester.  

hammatime hammatime
Enthusiast | Posts: 303 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 11/18/07
03:26 PM

Good luck.

Hybrids can simply be more expensive with a marginal return on gas mileage compared to what they cost.

The standard Forrester is a great vehicle and they are slated to be redesigned soon,so right now you could get a great deal on an older new model.  

MazdaManiac86 MazdaManiac86
New User | Posts: 45 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 11/20/07
05:16 AM

If fuel economy is really important to you, you might want to consider a VW Jetta turbodiesel.  Not sure if it'll be big enough for you after your Forester, but the new VW diesel cars are probably going to get well over 50 mpg on the freeway.  There should be a wagon version out soon after the sedan, and VW has not yet succumbed to the awful tiny window trend, so outward visibility is good!

And hammatime is right- don't buy a hybrid!  They're expensive, not that efficient, and the production of the batteries that power their electric motors is even worse for the environment than a standard car!  

kimsdarren kimsdarren
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 06/09/08
08:44 PM

I think all vehicles should be offered in a hybrid.  We would save millions of gallons of gas in rush hour alone in this country..  I really wish Subaru would start offering hybrids, they would probably get about 40 mpg in town..

By the way, with hybrids, it's not just about the money..  We need to start finding ways of weaning ourselves off of fossil fuels now, because they are going to run out..  Hybrids are a good start..  

PhillyJake PhillyJake
New User | Posts: 43 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 06/10/08
06:18 PM

NinaPak: There is no Forrester Hybrid for sale.

kimsdarren:  We'd save millions of gallons of gas if we all just drove smaller cars.  

bigtime bigtime
New User | Posts: 29 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 06/15/08
05:03 PM

How about this, we aren't about to run out of oil any time soon. We have enough oil in the U.S. alone to feed us for the next 60 years, not counting the oil shale in CO and UT, the new discovery in ND and MT. Add in the rest of the world and we are going to be fine for awhile.

I love how we're suppose to switch to hybrids and change our lives while the chinese are driving some of the gas guzzling-est cars around. We're not shipping them the efficient stuff, no there getting the escalades and buicks. If the world really cared about global warming or running out of oil it would be addressing these emerging markets.

The truth is this is more about getting hold of more of your money and freedoms than about running out of oil or saving the planet. I love how we skipped over the whole discussion of whether global warming is real to PANIC! we need to change, change, change! Nobody has calculated the economic effects for one. There is a plus side though, many international corporations are making billions getting you to "go green."

Now go be a good consumer and head to walmart and buy more crap made in china, after all its where all our pollution went too.

PhillyJake: we would save even BILLIONS more if we all rode bicycles. Would you like that? Hmmm. Wouldn't that smell good, all those sweaty Americans in line at the store?

All there doing is getting you used to the idea of paying more for less! Here's a car with half the metal in it than the one you used to buy for the same price! Oh yeah it gets 30mpg instead of 25, isn't that great?! Wooopy!

We are the stupidest species on the planet!  

PhillyJake PhillyJake
New User | Posts: 43 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 06/18/08
02:10 PM

PhillyJake: we would save even BILLIONS more if we all rode bicycles. Would you like that? Hmmm. Wouldn't that smell good, all those sweaty Americans in line at the store?

First of all, I do ride my bicycle to work most days.

But, that's not the point.  From a utilitarian perspective, a small car can replace most SUVs and larger cars.  A bicycle can't.  Yeah, I know you're being sarcastic, but, it doesn't address the issue.

Also, what percentage of cars sold in China are Escalades and large Buicks?  I'd guess that, for the most part, cars there are smaller than cars here.

I've got a great idea:  Let's start looking for oil domestically by drilling in your back yard.  

I love how we skipped over the whole discussion of whether global warming is real to PANIC!
It seems to me the only people I know who say Global Warming isn't real are those who stand to lose out if it's real, or conservatives with their political heads up their political asses.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice