Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Anybody know this Volvo?

| 
LordSeacow LordSeacow
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 09/07
Posted: 09/14/07
08:15 PM

Okay, I've got a quick question that I'm sure somebody here can answer.  I've been looking around at some cars and came across a Volvo that I can't quite identify.  It's a 1996 Volvo 850 wagon TLA, and the dealer says it is a limited platinum edition of which only 100 were made. So here are my questions, what exactly does it mean that it's a TLA?  Second question is whether or not this Platinum is as rare as the dealer claims.

I know that Volvo made a limited edition in 1996 that had a 240hp version of the turbo 5-cylinder, but I cannot tell if that's what the TLA is.  And a sidenote, the platinum is also a reference to the color of the vehicle if that helps.

Thanks for any assistance on this, I haven't been able to find much online and it's been driving me nuts Tongue  

IDrive2.0 IDrive2.0
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/07
Posted: 09/27/07
12:27 PM

I had a '96 850 platinum edition sedan, which was an absolutely fantastic car, but I think the dealer estimate for total cars produced is wrong.  I believe the number was actually 1,500; but I don't know the break down of sedans to wagons.  
As for the TLA, that's just how it's listed in pricing guides for the platinum edition, but I don't actually know why.  
This version did have the same 222hp engine as the regular turbo... the 240hp model was the 850 R.

Loved that color... wish they'd bring it back.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice