Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2007 TRIBECA WIPERS???

| 
mecantsee mecantsee
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/07
Posted: 05/05/07
03:26 AM

Anyone else have this problem?  I am a new Tribeca owner (less than 2 months) Here's our story, can anybody shed some light on this?  I have never been so dissatisfied with a car over such a simple function!  Read on....we had a snow storm in which I was an hour away from home.  My passenger wiper blade completely clumped up with snow and would not clear the windshield at all.  I stopped several times while traveling to try and clean the wiper, but even when the wiper was free of all snow; it still did not clear the windshield.  I chalked it up as being a freaky thing and that perhaps the ice was building up in the wiper for some reason. (Yes the blade defroster was on)
The following week we had a couple of days of rain.  The wiper worked better but still did not clear the windshield 100%.  There were several areas where the wiper left a streaked appearance, similar to wipers that are old and need to be replaced.
On March 26th I brought the car in for service due to an error light that kept coming on indicating that the car was overheating.  I was told later that the error message was due to the car needing to be jump-started at some point.  I reminded the service department that it was jump-started at the dealership prior to my purchase.  While I was there, I also requested the wiper be replaced and I expressed my concerns about its lack of clearing ability.  The passenger wiper was replaced with a refill.
Ten days later on April 4th, 2007, we had another storm.  Low and behold, the wipers did not clear the windshield.  Now this time this includes the driver’s side wiper, which is imperative, as you know.  I immediately drove the vehicle to the dealership and asked for both wipers to be replaced.  The dealership replaced the entire wiper on the passenger side and did a refill on the driver side, since they didn’t have any driver’s side wipers in stock.  They were very accommodating and sent me on my way.  I got in the car, drove home and, although not as bad, the wipers still streaked.
As lovely New England weather would have it, we had another storm on April 15th.  I attended my son’s hockey game and planned on shopping after.  However, due to the condition of my wipers,  I was unable to do so.  SO back to the dealer again to have them changed.
Now, living in NH, I am not one to sit home because of bad weather.  That’s why I bought this vehicle.  However, not being able to see when I drive it is a huge factor.  
Anyone else experience this problem with the wipers?  It appears that it's the snow that it has the problem in, no matter what type of snow.  Then it wrecks the wiper for rain clearance.  I am at my wits end with this simple function! Confused  

Stelios Stelios
User | Posts: 105 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 05/06/07
11:26 PM

I would look into the Rain-X Latitude wiper blades--they have been receiving great reviews. I haven't tried them myself, but I plan on picking up a pair soon. Rain-X also makes a window treatment that I've used and it works wonderfully.  

cargeek65 cargeek65
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/10
Posted: 05/01/10
07:39 AM

I use Trico NeoForm Beam Blades and Aquapel glass treatment which is an excellent set-up.  No problems whatsoever.  Got everything online and didn't have to deal with the dealer...which is a major plus in my book!!  Smile  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice