Ad Radar

Automobile Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable Revival - What do you think?

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 02/12/07
01:55 PM

Ford brought back the Taurus and Sable names at last week's Chicago auto show, just a month after the new Five Hundred debuted as well, a Five Hundred. What do you think of this quick decision?  

SYLAR SYLAR
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 04/05/07
07:53 PM

they should have just kept it to keep from looking like an idiot. what they should have done was to bring the European Ford Mondeo over here and call that Taurus. That would have given the Camry and Accord something to worry about  

calvin400 calvin400
New User | Posts: 45 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 04/21/07
12:43 PM

Ford's name change is a good one but not executed well enough.

Although the new Taurus has a better engine and a bit of a new exterior design, I would also have added two new sets of aluminum mags and done a little more body work (which wouldn't cost that much). I would also lower the car so it looks cooler. This certainly would convince car buyers that the the new Taurus is almost a brand new entity not just a madeover 500/Freethingamajiger. Ford just isn't thorough enough as a car company to make a topseller. Its not always the details that need looking at, they have to consider what further things need to be done which will make their cars more desirable.  A more finely tuned Taurus like I suggested with a 325hp Duratec V6 engine could almost compete with the the G35's or ES350 or maybe even a C-Class Mercedes. Maybe a SVT Taurus?  

Stelios Stelios
User | Posts: 105 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 04/21/07
10:30 PM

I don't think an SVT Taurus is a good idea for Ford. It probably wouldn't sell because a Taurus is a family vehicle. Plus, 325hp is 25 more horsepower than you get from the Mustang GT's 4.6L V8. A Taurus with more horsepower than a Mustang would break the hearts of enthusiasts.  

hammatime hammatime
Enthusiast | Posts: 303 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 04/23/07
01:28 AM

NO COURAGE.

What a chickenshxt decision.

Great job,you Ford WEINERS.

Notice,I did NOT say WINNERS.  

cpr74 cpr74
New User | Posts: 35 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 04/26/07
12:41 PM

Should have called it the Taurus in 05. Now it just looks desperate.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice