Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Whats better- A honda or a toyota?

| 
Ycars Ycars
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 03/17/07
01:57 PM

I need to know cause I'm bying a car. My dad is saying Honda is better. My mom is all for toyota!

HELP!!!!!  Confused  

hammatime hammatime
Enthusiast | Posts: 303 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 04/03/07
01:17 PM

Depends-both have great reliability records.

Hondas tend to have sportier suspensions-Toyotas tend to be slightly more comfortable.

Both have great cars if they are maintained-oil-filters changed as recommended.

Personally,I like Hondas better-we own two Accords but also a Toyota Echo that we love dearly.

A warning about the new Yaris and other cars that use the Echo derived four cylinder-the valves on most of these cars-even Hondas need a mechanic to adjust them-the Echo motor requires the top of the motor to be disassembled before the valves can be adjusted-Honda's don't.

And it's very expensive-I called the dealer about our Echo because it's over a hundered thousand miles and he said they did'nt like to do the adjustments because they were such a hassle.

That's what the Toyota dealer said.

I'll probably drive the Echo until I burn the valves up at 135000 miles.  

Scionicman Scionicman
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 04/19/07
12:02 PM

I own an 06 Scion XA and absolutely dig it. I hope I want have to worry about the valve thing because I am racking up the miles already going back and forth to work. Last thing I need to worry about is some expensive work before I get the darn thing paid for.  

hammatime hammatime
Enthusiast | Posts: 303 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 04/24/07
01:53 AM

The Echo derived motor is in your car.

It's a fanatastic motor.

Totally underappreciated in the Echo.

Unfortunately,you (as I do right now-105,000 miles)will need to get the vavlves adjusted at some time.

You might want to call the dealership where you bought the car and see wahat it will cost.

Sadly,when it is a very complex and exacting procedure to adjust something in a motor like this valve adjustment is,there is a tendency for mechanics to charge you the ridiculously high price and to NOT do the procedure.

After all,how would you know it was'nt done?  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice