Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2003 nissan altima

| 
vickie-#001 vickie-#001
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 03/18/07
09:40 AM

I have a 2003 nissan altima that I bought new. Within the first oil change it was using oil. I called the dealership and they said it was normal during break-in period. Then at about 20,000 miles I call again, they said all nissans use about a quart between oil changes. I have never had that problem before.  At 40,000 miles I took it back and asked them to fix it.  They again said it was normal and didn't do a thing. I have taken or called the dealership asking them to fix the problem, they said all altimas use a quart betwen oil changes and it's normal. Now as soon as my extended warranty runs out they finally check the engine it is bad. now they want $4,000.00 to fix it. Nissan said that dealers always wait until the warranty is out so they make more money. I Just need it fixed! DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE OR HEARD OF THIS IN THE 2003-2004 4cylinder engines?  I heard that nissan knew about the problem and have not announced it. Please help if you can.  

taghavi taghavi
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 04/01/07
02:28 PM

I have a Nissan Altima 2002 2.5 S, with 58,000 miles on it.  Since over a year ago I noticed that it uses an excessive amount of oil.  As of now, I have to add 2 quarts of oil every 3 weeks.  There is no visible oil leak from the engine.  

hammatime hammatime
Enthusiast | Posts: 303 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 04/03/07
12:52 PM

You need to get a newscaster to go with you to the service manager and have them film there responses to your questions about the motor.

If that does'nt work you can sue them.

As a matter of fact though,one quart between changes is not bad.

As far as the motor being bad,that's manure.

If it will pass an emissions inspection and does not smoke,you can add oil until the wells run dry.

Certainly,you have saved me from buying a Nissan as now,because of the way you were treated and the apparent lack of quality in that Nissan motor,I will never buy one.

If you are really distressed about the car,I would simply trade it for a Honda or Toyota and keep the oil eating problem to yourself when you trade it in.

Also,make darn sure when you take the car to get the oil changed,they are changing it and the oil filter at the same time.  

freewill07 freewill07
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 04/08/07
01:24 AM

My buddy has an altima but didn't hear any complains.  

around around
Posted: 04/12/07
11:58 AM

I just bought a used 2003 Altima and immediately changed the oil to 5w-30 synthetic.  After only one month, I was completely out of oil and the light hadn't even come on!!  I filled it up and just two weeks later, am down to half.  There's no visible signs of leaking and no smoking either.  Everybody I ask says it's not normal to go through that much oil!  I'm taking it in in about two weeks but am hoping there is a better fix to this problem instead of having to dump 2 qts of oil in it every 2 weeks. That's just ridiculous....  

acey acey
Posted: 04/17/07
12:55 PM

Hi there. I was surfing around the web at http://www.claimsreporter.com   and accidently came across your post after google surfing a *** I have to comment that I did have the same problem with that car, but I'm not sure how to fix it. At least, however, you don't feel alone anymore  Smile  

hammatime hammatime
Enthusiast | Posts: 303 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 04/24/07
01:38 AM

Wow,you've got several replies stating the SAME oil consumption problem here.

That tells me there was a group of bad motors that went into those Altima's.

And Nissan is covering it up and why would'nt they?

They get to make money replacing the bad motors they installed in the first place.

VERY BAD customer relations Nissan.

Sorry to hear you've become the Japanese GM.

Get rid of that Nissan and by a new year old Accord or Civic when the new models come out.  

mag79 mag79
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/08/08
10:41 AM

I had the same problem with my 03 altima I purchased new. I noticed about 2 months ago at 70K miles it started burning oil. The only reason I noticed is it was bone dry (no oil left and a knocking sound). I added oil and a week later it was empty again. I brought the car to nissan today and they seemed to be playing dumb saying I need to come back next week for an oil consumption test and they don't know where the oil is going becuase there is no leak and no smoke...after reading well over 100 posts on message boards, it is obvious that the engine has a design flaw. I have a 100K mile warranty with API which i'm being told by Nissan that API went out of business and the warranty will not be honored...I'm very frustrated and don't know where to go from here...  

eligrey eligrey
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/17/08
01:11 PM

I also have a Nissian Altima 2003 and the same exact thing is happening.  Nissian is telling me that cannot figure out what is wrong with it.  I am constatnly putting oil in my car.  Of course, my warranty just ran out too.   Something is not right and Nissian must be hiding something and do not wanting to tell anyone so they do not have to fix it!! We all need to do something!!! Who do you even contact at Nissian to complain??  

Rayshellej99 Rayshellej99
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 05/29/09
06:26 PM

I have a 2003 Nissan Altima that i bought used with 99,000, it was a rental car. I've had the car for 3 years now, for the first couple of months it was going dead without a moments notice until I took it to Nissan and they fixed a sensor (recall), I've recently hit 170,000 miles and now everytime I turn around i'm having problems with it. Drove it one day, the next morning wouldn't crank, turned out it needed new spark plugs and it was completely out of oil that I had just had changed 3 days before. Now my SES light stays all, my oil light blinks on and off, I just so angry with all of this. I crunk tried cranking the car this morning and it won't crank and it was completely out of oil. Now i'm worried that a gasket is blown but damn it its not my fault these damn motors use oil like people drink water. Just some advice do your research before buying a Nissan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Nissan Altima
22300 - 31950
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan