Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

"Noise, Vibration & Harshness"

| 
MAXIM-#002 MAXIM-#002
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 04/12/07
08:33 AM

I’m a big fan of Automobile magazine because it covers cars, trucks and SUV’s, where most of auto publications these days focus on family sedans and sports cars.    Also, Automobile is a great source of honest information…   Well, it was until May 2007 issue.   I find Jamie Kitman’s “Noise, Vibration & Harshness” article biased, poorly researched and just plain angry.   In fact it sounded like a teenager’s rant about something disliked.
For starters, most of contents sounded like a GM’s promotion add.   Kitman writes: “Hondas are still fine cars, but they get more closely attuned to the tastes of the average American, a buyer who used to trill to the delights of the Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, fewer enthusiasts aspire to own them”.   Let not forget that majority those “average Americans” chose to buy Accord mostly because it is affordable and reliable vehicle.
Mr. Kitman writes that “worm will turn” in favor of GM because Toyota builds gas guzzlers such as GX470.   He describes the Lexus as “Ugly, thirsty, ill-handling…” SUV.    Doesn’t GM make Tahoe, Escalade and H2?   Let’s take a closer look at these SUV’s.    For “ugly” part I have no comment because the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.    As for “thirsty”- Toyotas 4.7 liter V-8 gets 15/19 mpg, where GM’s 6.0 liter V-8 mpg specs are not even published by company for obvious reasons.   Was GX470’s handlings compared to Corvette or H1, when it was deemed “ill-handling”?   Was it on-road or off-road handling?
With all due respect Mr. Kitman, Did you write this article on the napkin while driving to work?  

Stelios Stelios
User | Posts: 105 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 04/27/07
01:33 PM

I don't think Kitman was denying that GM makes gas guzzlers. Now that Toyota is the largest automobile manufacturer in the world, they are squarely in the sights of environmentalists, and aren't as green as they appear to be.  

hammatime hammatime
Enthusiast | Posts: 303 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 05/04/07
10:10 PM

Toyota's about to get a lesson in one truck too big,too costly and too thirsty at the wrong time.

Watch the fun as the new Tundra sits on Toyota dealer's lots waiting for the cusomers Ford is stealing with garage sales prices on F-150's.

But if you grew up driving American cars and had to start driving Japanese cars simply because the American ones were simply too unreliable,there is one area that probably even today,Japanese cars lag behind American ones.

The big sofa comfy interstate cruiser car is still better made in America.

You may be calling Triple A to come get you,but you'll be comfy while you're waiting.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice