Hello,

Automobile Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Saturn Aura Green Line is Least Expensive Hybrid Around!

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 03/19/07
04:26 PM

Saturn announced pricing for the Aura Green Line today, and at $22,695, it is the cheapest hybrid on the market. But does that make you want to own one?  

Stelios Stelios
User | Posts: 105 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 04/05/07
03:21 PM

Besides the Sky, the Aura is the best looking Saturn to date. However, I still wouldn't buy one just because it's a hybrid. If I had to buy a hybrid, I would wait until Chevy's Volt comes out, which has superior styling inside and out.  

SpencerPz012 SpencerPz012
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/07
Posted: 05/09/07
06:50 AM

The way we look about owning a hybrid car should be looked at generally in terms of perspective. The first factor, and I believe this is the most important one, that we should consider is the price.

When we look at the current automobile market, we could see that a hybrid car would be more expensive than an equally equipped gasoline operated vehicle. However, there is a purportedly existing "tax credit law" or something, passed by the American Council for an Energy efficient economy, that would lessen the burden on them buyers of hybrid cars but even I am not that fully aware about the said law.

The other factor would be maintenance cost of owning a hybrid car. There are reviews of those who own a saturn vue across different continents and different climate and terrain and none of them reported any claim that they replaced any saturn vue part due to mechanical malfunction.

So, given the said statements, it seems to me that the price you pay in owning a hybrid car is worth it although, personally, I don't recommend nor have I any plans of owning one at the moment. It is better to test the waters first.  Cool  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice