Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Daihatsu Cooper…err Trevis

| 
Carletti Carletti
User | Posts: 62 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 02/18/07
06:30 PM

Japanese car manufacturer, Daihatsu, is introducing a 58bhp city car for Europe called the Trevis.  It bears a ridiculously close resemblance to the MINI Cooper in my view, and not only on the outside.  For the interior also copies MINI with the air vents, the oval metallic trim, and the door handles.  Nonetheless, the Trevis does look swell, although the wheels are appallingly small.  But, at least you get 49 combined mpg and the, surprising, option of a fantastic MOMO steering wheel.  Beats the Scion xB in my book.

Trevis1

Trevis3

Trevis6

Trevis4  

Austin Cooper Austin Cooper
User | Posts: 167 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 02/18/07
08:12 PM

It doesn't really bother me if another manufacturer tried imitating the original Mini.  I prefer how in some ways Daihatsu stayed truer in form to the original than BMW did.  For starters since BMW had the American market in mind, unlike the original Mini, they made the Mini too big.  Daihatsu didn't make that same mistake though.  Sadly because of that, the Trevis will most probably stay in Europe.  

artimus77 artimus77
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/16/08
11:50 AM

Looks kind of like to new Fiat 500. I don't think we'll get it here though. I don't think it will fit Scion's brand image.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice