Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2010 BMW 5 Series

| 
Carletti Carletti
User | Posts: 62 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 01/29/07
10:59 AM

The new 5 Series revision may look something to the effect of the following renderings.  I don't necessarily get it.

Carscoop BMW 5 2

Carscoop BMW 5 1  

Idiot Boy Idiot Boy
User | Posts: 55 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 02/18/07
12:01 AM

BMW Design is surely vexed by your ambivalence.  

Carletti Carletti
User | Posts: 62 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 02/18/07
11:38 AM

While I don’t understand the comment, although I do sense a bit of sarcasm, I would merely say that if this is the new 5 Series, then “I don’t necessarily get it.”  For, in terms of retaining a degree of family lineage, then to that extent I do understand why the horizonal lighting (from the 3 Series) is incorporated, for example, on what appears to be the next 5 Series.  However, and this is precisely where my mentioned perplexities start, my question to BMW is “why do your new 5 Series vehicles look so ordinary?”  I do realize that that question may seem out of line to some but, nonetheless, to me it seems too obvious not to mention.  For example, and as one automotive reporter put it non verbatim on the new 335i, why does the 335i (and this new 5 Series) have two round exhaust pipes that look like they were inspired by the Acura TSX or the Toyota Camry?

Where is the originality BMW?  Where is the stately appearance found within the likes of the 1997-2003 5 Series?  The designs by Mr. Bangle have, although influenced countless car manufacturers and have held especially high esteem in Asia, effectively almost completely ruined the special, original, and understated power look of the BMW line.  Nonetheless, I do realize that profits are the number one goal for any automobile manufacturer, and the overwhelming financial success that is the current 5 Series, at least here in the United States, for BMW is probably why my discrepancies don’t hold much, if any, merit.  I place a great deal of emphasis upon originality, and I like a car design that immediately and just about universally gains my almost unconditional approval.  These, are my basic principles.  But that is why I am not attracted to the current and to what appears to become the 2010 BMW 5 Series.  “I don’t necessarily get it.”  

hammatime hammatime
Enthusiast | Posts: 303 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 03/03/07
09:33 PM

I see alot of the new Mercedes slk line in that car.

The present SLK line carries that shape much better.

BMW's have turned into cars that you cannot buy sight unseen because from model to model,paint color to paint color and trim level to trim level,their appearance acceptability varies incredibly.

I've seen new BMW's that were gorgeous and others that I'd trade for a Hyundai.  

Shift Ctrl Shift Ctrl
User | Posts: 51 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 03/12/07
01:07 PM

I remember back in the 90's when bimmers had a beautiful clean design. the new one are over the top fashion that i believe do not representwhat the brand is. To this day the previous generations are much better styled than the current generations in all series, and no one can deny that. NO ONE!  
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its been a while, but I'm back....
every so often i leave for a good year then come back....

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice