Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Jeep Wrangler Common Rail Diesel Coming Soon

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 02/12/07
01:25 PM

Recent spy photos have confirmed that Jeep is indeed working on a CRD version of the iconic Wrangler. Owners have been asking for such a torque beast for ages, and it appears Mercedes is finally passing down a decent engine. Excited?  

HdNut2Krak HdNut2Krak
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/07
Posted: 09/28/07
01:15 PM

About time someone woke up.  I have been trying to get a small truck with a diesel engine for several years now.  Ford makes a great diesel powered Ranger in Europe, as do others, but do we get a shot at it? *** no! Mad  

MazdaManiac86 MazdaManiac86
New User | Posts: 45 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 10/11/07
02:51 AM

With Chrysler Corporation's new owners (Cerberus), can Jeep even get a diesel engine from Mercedes anymore?  If not, maybe they should look to Cummins, who supplies the turbodiesel for the heavy duty Dodge Ram.  Not the 6.7L, that'd be too big and heavy for a Wrangler, but maybe a smaller engine?  If Cummins even makes a smaller engine; I know they usually do engines for much larger work vehicles.  Not sure if that would work out, just an idea.

And I'm completely with HdNut2Krak in being pissed off at our limited diesel options here in the States.  Diesels are WAY better than hybrids, and with fuel prices as they are, I can't believe it's taking so long to import diesel powered cars to our shores.  

bimmer98 bimmer98
User | Posts: 79 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 10/17/07
07:43 AM

finally we're going to have some options, this is has been  a long time coming..  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Jeep Wrangler
22695 - 36095
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV