Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Honda Fit......

| 
hammatime hammatime
Enthusiast | Posts: 303 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 02/05/07
07:36 PM

Anyone here own one or know someone that owns one?

I like the car and the price is competitive for a completely equipped car plus the thing gets 37 mpg.

Just wanted to read some owner or driver comments on this car.  

wulybugr wulybugr
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 02/07/07
06:29 PM

I own a Fit, Sport, AT. have 9,000 miles on it.
Wonderful car, and very competitive when you consider all the equiptment on one. get 34-36 mpg in suburban driving, highway 38 to one high of 44.625, average 39-40. handles great, quiet,
very peppy, seat configuration is great! I weigh 260#. have NO problem with seats, foot space etc.. My sons over 6' tall and 200 #  laughed at the car first sight-after driving it, they now love it! It cost less than a new Aveo similarly equipped(actually, you cannot get an Aveo with as much as a Fit)  I am very happy with it.  

bigtuna bigtuna
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 03/30/07
12:23 PM

It seems like a decent car. A few kids living in my campus apartment building have them, and they say that it's really efficient, especially for a no-income, starving college student.  

mugwomp2000 mugwomp2000
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 06/07
Posted: 01/14/08
12:24 PM

Worst car I've ever test driven. Gutless would be a compliment - even the salesman was joking about it, "what do you expect? Its a Honda - you drive one to save gas," as I'm struggling to merge and keep up with traffic. And that buzz of the engine - did not sound healthy - sounded worse than my friend's Prius when he pushes it hard. And the cheap plasticy Fisher-Price interior was simply repulsive. I wouldn't take one if you gave one to me...

Get a xD if you have to get a little econobox...  

theskytraveler theskytraveler
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/19/08
09:42 PM

Very interesting mugwomp2000. I too test drove the Honda Sport Fit and the base model XD from Scion. Both cars I test drove were M/T. I will have to disagree with your opinion about the Honda Fit. In fact I have to say that the XD is the biggest Piece of garbage on the road today. If I were to ever buy a Scion it would be the TC. The XD has a fisher-price interior so much so that if some one in the passenger seat were to ever put their feet up on the dash, it would leave a permanent mark.

The XD is rated at 128hp yet the 109hp FIT handled and cornered better than the XD. The Fit's M/T was 10x smoother through the shifts while the XDs shifting left alot to be desired.

The Fit's interior is laid out much better than the XD

Since both the XD and the FIT were on my list of new cars to get I will have to say the FIT wins hands down for me. To use your own words the XD is "repulsive and I would not take an XD if you gave me one!!  

reynolds reynolds
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/20/08
04:59 AM

The car is available in Brazil for several years and my wife´s is a 2005 FIT-EX CVT with 28,000 miles. She has never had any problems with the car so far, and roads in Northeast of the country are not that good.The internal space and back seat configuration makes the car vey pratical to move/transport things. The stick shift drives better, in my opinion.You know about the gas consumption already. Cars in Brazil are very expensive and the FIT EX costs about $35,000.00!!! I don´t think you would go wrong with this vehicle. Good luck in your search.  

monoxide monoxide
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/25/08
08:29 AM

I'm not a Honda fan so i will not comment, but i heard many good things about this carLaugh.

Apple's market share is bigger than BMW's or Mercedes's or Porsche's in the automotive market. What's wrong with being BMW or Mercedes?  
Do not remove a fly from your friend's forehead with a hatchet.
http://www.autofriendship.com

mattftl mattftl
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/13/08
04:58 PM

Icon Quotehammatime:
Anyone here own one or know someone that owns one?

I like the car and the price is competitive for a completely equipped car plus the thing gets 37 mpg.

Just wanted to read some owner or driver comments on this car.

just bought one 5 weeks ago and i could not be happier with it.
i bought a 2008 Fit Sport (the base fit does not come with keyless entry/alarm, underbody kit, cd player that reads mp3 cd's and cd-rw's, fog lights, rear-roofline spoiler, cruise control with illuminated steering wheel-mounted controls, perforated leather wrapped steering wheel, steering wheel mounted paddle shifters (5sp. automatic only), only comes with 4 speakers..the fit sport has 6 speakers plus a 5-mode equalizer, 200w stereo instead of a 160w, mp3/auxiliary input jack (for your ipod..a lot of people don't know that you just have to buy an auxiliary cord that fits where your headphones in your ipod goes, then plug the other end into the aux input so it plays through your stereo..and sounds great!! a lot of car companies offer their inputs..ones that connect to your usb port and a special input into the glove box, etc.)
i paid only $17,000 for all of that...including the automatic transmission. you can get a manual sport for about $800-$900 less.
saying it gets 37mpg is a stretch..the most i got was on the highway...35mpg. city driving, i usually get 30-31. which is excellent! being a 5 speed automatic instead of a 4 speed helps a lot.
i don't know what that one guy is talking about..trouble passing traffic, buzzing engine noise? i never have a problem passing people or gaining enough speed to get on the highway. and i never hear buzzing noises from the engine...sure the engine gets loud around 5500rmp...but it's a 4-cylinder engine! all 4's are loud at higher rpm's..but cruising at 80mph. the engine is at a quiet 2900-3000rpm's.
and if you did have trouble passing, if you have an automatic with paddle shifters, just downshift once and you will get the power you need..
but i have never experienced what that guy said he did..
so far i have 1100 miles on it and have enjoyed every single one of those...the car looks great especially with the ground kits, fog lights, and got my windows tinted.
it drives great and it so much fun to drive...feels like i am driving a little sports car.
the interior is made up of really expensive looking and feeling materials. the guage cluster that houses the speedometer and tachometer look like they are from  an acura.
it is a small car, but there is so much room inside! an amazing amount of room. i love how the rear seats, the bottom parts flip up for tall objects. and the rear seats can be folded forward flat without removing the headrests...they fit under the front seats.
i am in love with my new Fit Sport and recommend them to everyone.
sales compared to last year have increased 74%...that is a lot!!  

mattftl mattftl
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/13/08
05:15 PM

people don't drive honda's just for gas..they are also the most reliable cars sold in the US.(according to Consumer Reports) and have the best resale value of any car company.
you must have driven a bad one cause i have never had a problem with merging and keeping up with traffic. and never no buzzing from the engine..sure the engine is loud above 5800rpm, but so are all other 4 cylinder engines. and the fit comes with a 5 speed automatic. that is rare for a subcompact car. i would go to another dealer and drive another one.
cheap plastic? clearly you haven't sat in a ford or a chevy lately...those are cheap plastics.
the instrument cluster looks like it came right out of an acura.
not one magazine has critiziced the interior of the fit...
an XD? now those are ugly...the tachometer and speedometer are in the same LITTLE circle and is just strange looking..the HVAC controls are down around the knees, a little reach for them, the driving position is that like the honda element's (buslike) and according to car and driver..only averaged 26mpg while the fit averaged 33mpg. and came in 7th place in their recent issue. just 3 points above the Ford Focus..which all the kept saying was, "all we can do it shake our heads and ask them...what are they thinking" (meaning Ford...it's that bad of a car) and to be only 3 points above that is not a good position to be in
when car and driver compared the fit to 6 other cars..it won by 25 points! they recently did a 40,000 mile long-term test and had not one bad comment about it...it was also on Motor Trend's car of the year issue last year and is praised by every automobile magazine and owners  

x94cherry x94cherry
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/14/08
01:51 PM

Yah, don't know what that guy is talking about as far as "gutless." I currently drive an Acura RSX Type-S and am seriously considering replacing it with a Fit. The Fit seems like a great package, but with roughly half the horsepower of my Acura, I was afraid I'd hate driving it. Not so.

I thought the Fit was quick and had great torque for its size. It also handles well and is just plain fun to drive. Does it corner and accelerate as well as the Acura? No, but it was never intended to.

As for the interior, many of the switches are the exact same ones found in my RSX. I thought it was good quality, for the most part. I was not that impressed with the look of a few things, like the cupholders, but overall very nice.  

carlosalicea carlosalicea
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/23/08
07:22 AM

I have a 2007 Fit sport MT. it has 58,500miles on it. I Ran solo-1 in the track. I beat the hell of the little 1.5 engine (I personally don't get used to the fact that you dont rev it to 8K RPM).

NOTHING HAS BROKEN, but the tires and the Oil Changes (even it tells you when to change it @ aprox 5,500 miles). It handles like a champ (I have beat many more expensive sport cars) and I can carry as much things as I do in my 05' Escape.

And the toping of the sunday is that I get 35MPG average while hammering the gas pedal ALL THE TIME!!! Grin  Grin  

76Dave 76Dave
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/24/08
09:17 AM

37 mpg is disappointing.  My 1987 Toyota Tercel did 35 mpg.

And what low income, starving college kid drives a late model Honda?  I had an '83 Dodge Aries in college and that was in the mid 1990's.  

Roger23 Roger23
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/30/08
06:27 AM

Unless you need to carry stuff or people around often, I would advise a Honda Civic that should fit all your needs. Besides, you could bet a good discount if you join Honda Civic Group Buy.  

middleoroad middleoroad
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 06/05/08
06:27 PM

For 17k I would look at a Corolla or Civic the 1.8s are alot more civilized than the current 1.5s.Another option is to wait for the new Fit in Nov or Dec. the engine is new and will probably be alot smoother,they also dealt with the blind spots.Car companies are finally throwing some r+d money at the small displacement fours and we will see alot of sweet sub 2 liter mills coming out.I am especially interested in the Valvematic engines Toyota is issuing soon the 1.6 generates 124hp and gets better mileage than the current Yaris 1.5 at 106 hp.Next gen Yaris will be sweet!  

kimsdarren kimsdarren
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 06/09/08
08:39 PM

Compared to most other vehicles on the road, 37 mpg is great!!  I was in Italy a couple years ago, and most of the vehicles there were the size of the Fit or smaller..  I saw a lot of cars over there that we needed over here 5 years ago.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice