Ad Radar

Automobile Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Speeding Tickets: Badges of honor or a kick in the balls?

| 
radiodays radiodays
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 06/02/06
06:29 AM

I got a speeding ticket in Beatty, Neveda, a giant sink hole in the desert between Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe. This ticket was, in fact, a gigantic kick in the testicles. I'm not doubting that some speeding tickets can be fantastic stories, for example, I was driving my FUSO supergreat 120 mph down historic route 66 when I ran over an endagered condor and was promptly ticketed for speeding and animal endangerment,that sort of thing. This was not the case in Beatty. I was clocked doing 47 in a 25. I didn't even have the satisfaction of doubling the speed limit. As I said, giant kick in the balls.  

bigwhitecaddy bigwhitecaddy
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 06/07/06
06:07 AM

I think speeding tickets are definitely a kick in the balls, but getting out of them, now thats a whole different story. I'm currently 6 of 9 for getting out of tickets and am quite proud of it. Of course, having a cop come to my house to talk to my parents for an hour 3 days after my 16th birthday was an interesting way to start my quest, and nothing in the years following have been able to equal it.  

CACOP CACOP
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 06/21/06
10:40 AM

Sorry to hear that. Hey, look at it this way, you knew the speed limit, took a chance and lost. Kick in the balls? Absolutely, because you got caught. By the way, if you check your mirrors often it will definitely help reduce future tickets. Smile  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice