Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Long Term Review

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/25/06
05:19 AM

Though often derided for its, um, homely looks, we've been able to look right past the exterior of the B9 Tribeca, straight into its wonderful personality. We've always been fans of the Subaru mark and this version of an SUV is no exception. We've found it to be a pleasant companion, especially through the Michigan winter months, but are still reserving final judgement on the overall product.

To those of you who have driven the vehicle, what do you think? Is it what you would expect from a Subaru? Does it justify the highest price in the company's history? (We know there are plenty of you who really don't like the way it looks, but trust us, give it a chance, it's really great on the inside!)

See our ongoing logbook entries here:
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/four_seasons_logbook/0604_2006_subaru_b9_tribeca/  

alan-#005 alan-#005
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/20/06
10:03 PM

I have had the joy of owning a B9 Tribeca Limited 7 passenger with the nav/dvd system for just about a year now.  We took it on a cross country trip with a family of four, starting from Oregon, going to Long Island, NY and back while stopping in some great national parks along the way.  Glacier National Park is a must, this car was great on the "Going to the Sun" road.  The subie was comfortable and fit all of our stuff without too much rear squat. No roof rack/box needed. After airing up the tires to max psi the SUV handled great!  The most memorable moments were cruising through Montana in a strong wind at 90mph+.  It was also rock solid while driving down I-80 through Indiana in severe pouring rain, didn't hydroplace once.  In highway driving it got 20+ miles per gallon but in the city it is a meager 15ish.  The interior is well appointed and comfortable, also easy to clean with the right leather cleaner.  Performance is good for a vehicle of this size.  It is always sure footed, even on very slippery surfaces like mud or leaves.  I was hesitant about owning a car with a face that only a mother could love, but now I am a believer.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice