Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2005 Porsche Boxster S - Long Term Review

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/25/06
04:12 AM

We love it. The Porsche Boxster, especially when appended by the letter 'S', is a long-time favorite around this office and this version is certainly no exception. It turns, it accelerates, it stops, it goes dead-on straight, and the top comes doesn; it's everything that you could ever dream of in an automobile. Sure there's a few complaints, but those are really just details, right?

Let us know: is our Boxster-worship justified? Is it really as good as we think it is, or are we simply the deluded lover, looking past the faults of our dear one? Here's your chance to sound off.

Don't forget to check out our ongoing logbook entries here:
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/four_seasons_logbook/0604_2005_porsche_boxster/  

RandallN RandallN
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/30/06
06:07 AM

Yes, it's really as good as you think it is! I own a '97 with 100k on it and absolutely love the car, even with the smaller 2.5 liter flat six in it. It corners like nothing I have ever driven and is predictable in most every situation wet or dry, fast or slow.

Why the pundits say this is a "girl's porsche" is beyond me. It may be the least expensive in the lineup, but there are no compromises. It handles better than a 911 with its midship engine, and is an absolute blast to drive... as a weekend toy or a daily driver.

It's always the benchmark comparative vehicle when reviewing similar cars of size for a reason!

To be honest, I think the only car I would trade for would be a Cayman *** same car with a hard top and much larger engine. Living in the south, with all its horrible humidity and heat, the convertible top isn't as fun to have as I thought it would be.  

airboxster airboxster
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/31/06
10:09 AM

I picked up my BoxsterS at the factory in Stuttgart. Drove the car for two weeks through southern Germany, Switzerland and northern Italy.  Great roadtrip, great twisties, great car.  This is the best handling car I have ever driven.  The Porsche factory people were wonderful.  No problems during the two weeks of driving.  The only problem is waiting for the car to ship back home.  

hopoakan hopoakan
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/27/06
06:10 AM

Put some real power in the car as RUF does & call me when ready for a test drive, otherwise I'll keep my MR2 Spyder & save the dough or bucks deary.  

sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 01/02/07
08:44 AM

We've just published our year-end wrap for the long term Boxster. We miss is already. Read the wrap here.
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/four_seasons_logbook/0701_2005_porsche_boxster_s_four_seasons/  

hammatime hammatime
Enthusiast | Posts: 303 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 02/25/07
03:10 PM

There are no bad reviews of this car that I've read ANYWHERE.

It appears that Porsche did something right with this car.

Other Porsches get nowhere the long term use positive press that the Boxster gets.  

Stelios Stelios
User | Posts: 105 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 04/05/07
09:07 AM

My dad owns a Boxster S my only real complaint with the car is the exhaust note. When the car is idling, it's just like an Accord--virtually silent. Even when the pedal is to the floor, my Mustang sounds better, and I don't have a GT.

Everything else, especially the handling, is spot on though.  

Clu4u Clu4u
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/10
Posted: 12/25/10
11:25 AM

Yeah, right, like your Mr. 2 has any power, LOL.  

Clu4u Clu4u
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/10
11:31 AM

Yeah, right, like your Mr. 2 has any power, LOL. Nor do you apparently have any dough, you drive a Totota! Grin  

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
02:12 PM

Icon QuoteClu4u:
Yeah, right, like your Mr. 2 has any power, LOL. Nor do you apparently have any dough, you drive a Totota! Grin

And everybody says Prius drivers are supposedly "smug" 29  
GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES
Austin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.Cooper

monoblocks monoblocks
User | Posts: 73 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 01/12/11
01:22 PM

Icon Quotehopoakan:
Put some real power in the car as RUF does & call me when ready for a test drive, otherwise I'll keep my MR2 Spyder & save the dough or bucks deary.

Comparing a cheap low rent knockoff that in the end Toyota couldn't even GIVE AWAY to the real deal?  Ooo  Delusional to say the least. Then again, that 'insight' was posted a while back; perhaps some measure of sanity has returned to this poor person.

Oh, what a feeling...must really do something to the brain cells, that.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Porsche Boxster
51400 - 73500
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Convertible