Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2005 Lexus GS430 - Long Term Review

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/25/06
04:01 AM

We've found this sport-sedan from Lexus to be highly satisfying. Performance is great (especially if you follow the 13-step secret code to turn of stability control, see the link below) and reliability is exactly what you would expect from Lexus. Our only complaint: the damnable brake-by-wire system. We've found them to be overly sensitive and lacking in the ability to properly modulate pressure.

To all of you out there who have driven this vehicle in real-world conditions, what have your feelings been? Has it lived up to your expectations, is it worth the price? How have the brakes treated you?

Copy and paste this link into your browser to see our ongoing logbook entries:
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/four_seasons_logbook/0604_2005_lexus_gs430/  

1SickLex 1SickLex
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/30/06
11:29 AM

I'm a HUGE Lexus fanboy, but have been extremely disappointed with the 2006 GS430. The stability control is overly intrusive and I need to go through a bunch of steps that make people think I'm having a seizure, push this, step here, push here... press that.. Really a mess,

Also, the car has a teenie trunk opening that is very difficult to fit my life partner Carlos's bags in there.

Power is sufficient and MPG is "ok". At the end of the day, I would have been better off buying the Infiniti M45...  

sfowle sfowle
Posted: 05/30/06
11:47 PM

A silver M45 is the newest addition to our test fleet. In the first week, we've already noticed the incredible difference of interior and trunk space (in favor of the Infiniti.) Both have pretty amazing stereos, but the Infiniti wins again there. Both are quite fast for such large sedans, and the decision there may have to be settled with a nice lunch break showdown. Both have very questionable aspects to their exterior styling. The Lexus looks a bit like a jelly bean, while the M45 has the most oversized taillights in the business.  

sfowle sfowle
Posted: 05/31/06
02:56 AM

For anyone interested, here are the steps to turn stability control all the way off:

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.
2. Start the engine.
3. Engage the parking brake.
4. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
5. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
6. Disengage the parking brake.
7. Fully depress and hold down the brake pedal.
8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it(while holding down the brake pedal).
9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).
10. Release the brake pedal.
11. Engage the parking brake.
12. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
13. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release. When "Check VSC" is displayed in the multifunction display along with the "Trac-off" icon indicator, you'll know that you have successfully completed the procedure.  

aaa911 aaa911
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 11/07/10
02:14 AM

I am a novice, hoping to explore with you  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice