1 |  2 |  Next 
Item Posts   

Nissan Skyline

| 
123car 123car
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/19/06
02:36 AM

I can't wait!  What about everyone else?  

Mike7HB Mike7HB
New User | Posts: 16 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 08/31/06
03:29 AM

Yea, it's going to be nice, but probably way too expensive :-(  

h3nry h3nry
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 04/06
Posted: 08/31/06
06:14 AM

i think it'll be competitive with whatever the skylines market rival is.  what is the market rival for the skyline anyways?  

doglet doglet
New User | Posts: 35 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/14/06
05:57 PM

there is no car on the face of the earth more overrated than the skyline. if you like it for its looks then thats great but if you think its going to be a 911 or corvette killer i got bad news for you. its not a sportscar, its a high performance GT. its a japanese M3.  

Shift Ctrl Shift Ctrl
User | Posts: 51 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 11/15/06
04:18 PM

I personally think it will be a 911 killer. i'll explain later since i ahve to step out peace  
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its been a while, but I'm back....
every so often i leave for a good year then come back....

Shift Ctrl Shift Ctrl
Posted: 11/15/06
08:44 PM

Ok im back. First of all the gt-r should have north of 450 hp with attessa awd which should make it on par with the 911 as far as accel. times. In the handling department its tough to say cause its a porsche; on the other hand there have been rumors that nissan is working with lotus to perfect handling! It is also going to cost less.  

doglet doglet
Posted: 11/16/06
01:33 AM

the gtr will be 450-480 hp but its going to be too heavy to be a 911 or corvette killer. its going to be around 2700 lbs with a higher center of gravity.

the 0-60 times will be low because of the awd but around a track the awd isnt worth the extra weight, its more important to carry your speed through corners than to launch.

just because lotus is doing the suspension doesnt mean its going to handle like an elise, no matter who is doing the suspension tuning physics steps in at some point.

its just not possible for a car to be as fast as a 911 or corvette without starting to look like a 911 or corvette. no matter how many cylinders they put in an m3 or how trick the awd is in the gtr, its just too tall, too heavy and too comprimised to be able to run with full on race bred sports cars.  

Shift Ctrl Shift Ctrl
Posted: 11/16/06
09:19 AM

Dude i hate you!!!!LOL Just kindin! Your always trying to out do me! haha. but thats cool. But yeah i know that there is a possibility that it might not handle as well just because its a larger vehicle. Thats why i put in that lotus is helping cause they really going to need it if they're going after porche.  

doglet doglet
Posted: 11/17/06
02:44 AM

nissan sure has a lot riding on the gtr. if it is as good as it could be then they can capitalize on all sorts of gran turismo street cred. that is deffinetly going to translate into sales for their whole brand.

if its a dissapointment, well lets just say i dont think it will be. they will do what they have to do to make it pretty bad ***  

SuperSilver09 SuperSilver09
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 03/16/08
07:09 PM

Icon Quotedoglet:
the gtr will be 450-480 hp but its going to be too heavy to be a 911 or corvette killer. its going to be around 2700 lbs with a higher center of gravity.

the 0-60 times will be low because of the awd but around a track the awd isnt worth the extra weight, its more important to carry your speed through corners than to launch.

just because lotus is doing the suspension doesnt mean its going to handle like an elise, no matter who is doing the suspension tuning physics steps in at some point.

its just not possible for a car to be as fast as a 911 or corvette without starting to look like a 911 or corvette. no matter how many cylinders they put in an m3 or how trick the awd is in the gtr, its just too tall, too heavy and too comprimised to be able to run with full on race bred sports cars.

Hindsight is 20/20, but you must feel like a huge dumb ass about now.   Blush  

lostchildren lostchildren
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 03/19/08
05:42 PM

I just read a comparo on the "other magazine" and I'm sorry to tell you that your japanesse m3 just beat both the 911 TURBO and the corvette ZO6 around buttonwillows's racetrack....it was about 5 seconds faster...  the 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times where almost identical.   Other thing to consider is that the Nissan  as tested was 72 grand, compared to the Z06 79 thousand dollars...mmm  
And suddenly I realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.
Ayrton Senna

is that all you got is that all you got
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/01/08
06:59 PM

well i would rather have a steeda q500 or q650 just because it will dust the porsche and the corvete on street tires,without all wheel drive and then it is just beginning to breath.  

is that all you got is that all you got
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/01/08
06:59 PM

Icon Quotelostchildren:
I just read a comparo on the "other magazine" and I'm sorry to tell you that your japanesse m3 just beat both the 911 TURBO and the corvette ZO6 around buttonwillows's racetrack....it was about 5 seconds faster...  the 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times where almost identical.   Other thing to consider is that the Nissan  as tested was 72 grand, compared to the Z06 79 thousand dollars...mmm

well i would rather have a steeda q500 or q650 just because it will dust the porsche and the corvete on street tires,without all wheel drive and then it is just beginning to breath.  

davidshark108@yahoo.com davidshark108@yahoo.com
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 11/05/12
03:20 AM

It is very nice production of Nissan.
Nissan produced a high performance version of its Skyline range called the Nissan Skyline GT-R.
This car proved to be iconic for Nissan and achieved much fame and success on road and track.  

Dretell Dretell
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 01/18/13
07:45 AM

The Skyline GT-R became the flagship of Nissan performance, showcasing many advanced technologies including the ATTESA-ETS 4WD system and the Super-HICAS four-wheel steering.  

1 |  2 |  Next 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice