1 |  2 |  Next 
Item Posts   

Bugatti Veyron: best car ever?

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/08/06
09:54 AM

Editor-in-Chief Jean Jennings just drove the insanely powerful Bugatti Veyron across Florida. What do you think of this $1.3 million, 1000-horsepower supercar? Who will beat it?  

LdZeppelin541 LdZeppelin541
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/09/06
01:12 PM

First of all I would like to know if anybody can brainstorm better location in the united states to bring the most exotic car of all time?!  Automobile magazine brought a car worth 1.3 million bones to a town worth approximately 10 grand.  Who cares about Jeans love of a movie nobody heard about 25 years ago?  Moreover who wants to bring a supercar there?
Second, I would also like to know if the car can handle.  It weighs in at a ginormous (not real word but perhaps fitting) 4500 lbs?!?!  CAN it turn?  

Flyin18T Flyin18T
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/09/06
01:47 PM

Icon QuoteLdZeppelin541:
First of all I would like to know if anybody can brainstorm better location in the united states to bring the most exotic car of all time?!  Automobile magazine brought a car worth 1.3 million bones to a town worth approximately 10 grand.  Who cares about Jeans love of a movie nobody heard about 25 years ago?  Moreover who wants to bring a supercar there?
Second, I would also like to know if the car can handle.  It weighs in at a ginormous (not real word but perhaps fitting) 4500 lbs?!?!  CAN it turn?

I agree 1,000% I honestly feel bad for the people who purchased this issue thinking they were getting a review of the most spectacular supercar in the world. What a waste. I've been a subscriber for years now and this is a pathetic review. This is the type of reading that some soccer mom would cuddle up to the fireplace with and sip her hot cocoa. This is A-U-T-O-M-O-B-I-L-E magazine JJ. Trash the poetic recollection of corndog movies and review the darn car! When will you get your hands on a Bugatti Veyron again? When can we hear about how it drives on real roads and highways?....about crazy acceleration and braking?.....handling through the twisties and that secret second key that unleashes warp drive! Totally and thoroughly disappointed. There isn't much I would get excited for, but this cover had me psyched for the entire five seconds it took me to grab it, flip to the artice, and start reading. Then the excitement vanished.....probably like my subscription will unless people start reviewing the car rather than their personal video collection.  

240robert 240robert
Posted: 05/10/06
02:23 AM

Hey, if all you want is number crunching and test results, get Car & Driver! The cool thing about this story is how it illustrates the craziness of this car when it is taken off the show stand and dropped into real-world America. People‚Äôs reaction to it on the street was captured perfectly and the photography was so eveocative. Great story!  

Flyin18T Flyin18T
Posted: 05/10/06
09:08 AM

Oh wow, another article that gauges the reaction of people as a supercar rolls by. Like I said, I feel bad for the people who picked this up off the news stand thinking they were going to get a review of an automobile in AUTOMOBILE magazine. I don't see advertisements in this magazine for Blockbuster, Travelocity or Depends. I see ads for car accessories and ads of other cars. So if the essence of this magazine is the black & white numbers and performance characteristics of cars then how did we get a review of the world's fastest supercar that reads like a little school girls' diary?  

MarkBarrett MarkBarrett
Posted: 05/12/06
02:06 AM

My fellow readers are spot on with their characterization of the Veyron story. Jean Jennings is obviously out of her element in this car and completely out of touch with Automobile's reader base.  Enthusiasts dream of what it would be like to own or drive the most exotic car of all. To have the verbiage and photography dominated by one of the least attractive areas of the country along with an obscure movie, is a wasted opportunity for all. Next time, let George Kacher take a break from his reponsibilities at CAR (as you often do) to properly review the vehicle. Wait....there probably won't be a next time as I'm sure the Bugatti and VW PR  people are as disappointed as we are regarding how their precious 800 Veyron miles were used.  

MarkBarrett MarkBarrett
Posted: 05/12/06
02:27 AM

You've got to be kidding. The people in this article would have been equally impressed with any Ferrari, Lambo, or a Dodge Viper for that matter. Further, while the article did capture the reaction of regular people, it conveyed so little on what it was like to drive that the reader was left with nothing of value.  

Hobo Joe Hobo Joe
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 07/15/06
03:14 AM

I as many of you was disappointed with the article. However Jennings was not able to push the car thus not able to give us a look at what it is like to own a Veron. The aricle would have been fine if it were accompined by the numbers and the feel. Jennings although he couldn't push the car cound have given slightly more insight on the car its self. People always react the same to supercars. We all know that if the car is over $200,000 people will drool. Plain and simple. I do it (for cars that are over $100,000) and Im sure that many of you do it. We don't need to know how people reacted to the car.  

aaa911 aaa911
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 11/07/10
03:03 AM

I am a novice, I am pleased to join with everyone sharing Automobile Forums Laugh  

MGdriver MGdriver
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 02/11
Posted: 03/07/11
11:18 AM

Icon QuoteLdZeppelin541:

The Veyron SS is the current leader around Top Gear's track. So yeah, it can handle. The regular Veyron isn't too far behind.  
2014 Subaru Forester XT

British cars don't leak oil; they mark their territory!

KjFourFive KjFourFive
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/12
Posted: 08/10/12
03:37 AM

The Bugatti Veyron is nowhere near the greatest, it's barely a good car. Sorry I have problems with the Veyron, can't stand the thing.  

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 08/16/12
04:21 PM

In all this time since this thread has started nothing has really topped the Bugatti yet when it comes to outrageousness.  Although Ferrari's new or yet to be introduced F70, the Enzo's successor is a wicked beast, even with 4 cylinders less than the Bugatti.  Render 2013 Ferrari F70 Aka Enzo Successor  
Austin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.Cooper

manojkumar128254 manojkumar128254
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 10/12
Posted: 11/06/12
05:50 AM

This car is very beautiful and featured car.  

Cane.White Cane.White
New User | Posts: 27 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 04/30/13
02:10 AM

The Bugatti Veyron,most expensive and fastest cars in the world is, by every measure, car with the most horsepower.  
OC Glasscraft is a locally owned and managed company offering convenient and professional auto glass repair and replacement service throughout Southern California. We offer while-you-wait service and professionally equipped service vehicles to repair or replace your glass on site.

John Abrahim John Abrahim
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/12/13
11:35 AM

i think now Bugatti is best car in the world Wink  

1 |  2 |  Next 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice