Item Posts   

Chicago Auto Show: Sicon xB and xD

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 01/30/07
01:39 PM

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/2007_chicago/0702_scion_xb_xd/

Check out our preview of these two new Scions. Will the young brand continue to be successful?  

Carletti Carletti
User | Posts: 62 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 01/30/07
10:09 PM

It's hard for me to conceive of Scion not being successful in the future, especially because of all of the (the promise of customization is it?) features and design that generally teenagers must greatly admire.  I had a chance to see the Fuse and I'm positive, about 96% sure, that if this is the new tC, it will become a resounding success and perhaps even more so than the current tC, if that could be imagined.  The reason I think like this is because the Fuse appears to step into 1995-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse territory in my view.  No, they don't necessarily look the same, but the Fuse's distinctively street racer persona (what with that gawky radiator display) will attract even newer types of consumers into Scion showrooms, not just the parents of teenagers who want to buy their kids a graduation present.  For the xB replacement, I really don't have much to say because I honestly don't care, respectively.  

alwill alwill
User | Posts: 104 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 01/31/07
11:02 AM

I don't know. These cars don't really do it for me, and I was a teenager not very long ago. I agree that the Fuse concept was cool.  

Carletti Carletti
User | Posts: 62 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 01/31/07
09:28 PM

I understand, I’m 19 and, unfortunately, Scion doesn’t really attract me nor does it garner any attention from my friends to put it bluntly.  But maybe, in the spirit of making a Scion my own, if I just added a spoiler…and then perhaps a large exhaust…some of those LED tail lamps they offer…maybe some TRD “performance” parts…

A few years ago I had a chance to drive an xB and, to be perfectly honest but not in a purposefully mean spirited way, I couldn’t take myself seriously in the car.  All in the while I was driving I thought perhaps the wind may carry me away.  However, I respect the fact that the xB, even the name and label is strange (but not in a flattering way), is efficient and reliable and that the all-important seating position is also very very good in this car.  

alwill alwill
User | Posts: 104 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 02/01/07
11:29 AM

I know what you mean. I would feel ridiculous driving one of these cars on a daily basis. If a product is marketed as being hip and cool, chances are it's not.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice