Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Top 10 Hot Wagons

| 
alwill alwill
User | Posts: 104 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 01/17/07
03:48 PM

Sure, we'd all love to drive supercars every day of the week, but for practical reasons this simply isn't possible. That's why everyone at the office is so fond of sports wagons and tourers. Take a look at our list of the top 10 hot wagons (found here) and then let us know what you think.  

brkhaus brkhaus
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/07
04:58 PM

Seems like the Volvo V70R should have made the grade over the subie:  300HP, 300 ft-lbs, AWD, & 6 spd.  

fred nj fred nj
06:47 PM

hey wheres the mazdaspeed 3? i guess price wasnt a factor in this list Confused  

Squirrel-Bait Squirrel-Bait
Posted: 01/18/07
09:54 AM

You talk about practicality in your opener, yet only two of the wagons on the list are affordable, or even available in the US.  

sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
02:26 PM

The Mazdaspeed 3 was not included because it is a 5-door hatchback, not a true wagon. Otherwise it would have surely been on the list.  

alwill alwill
User | Posts: 104 | Joined: 05/06
03:01 PM

Practicality is relative. These vehicles are all very functional, which is exactly what we were looking for. Sure, most are only available outside of the US and for a hefty price, but this just adds to their mystique. In our eyes, this doesn't detract from practicality, but adds to the wagons' hotness.  

swissguy-#002 swissguy-#002
Posted: 01/24/07
05:40 AM

I have to agree with the Volvo V70R...especially when you weigh price and practicality vs. perfomance.  The first few cars on this list are so expensive as to make them prohibitive.  Last time I checked, you could buy a new V70R in the US for just over $40k.

The Volvo is not the most nimble car given its weight, but the 300 horses are great and the interior dimensions make it infinitely practical.  I own one here in Switzerland (6 speed manual), and I have to say I absolutely love it, especially in a country full of some of the most fun and scenic roads to drive on I've ever seen (US expat).  AWD is also great given all the rain and snow here and the altitude (and scary/exhilirating nature) of the high mt. pass roads.  

566 566
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 01/24/07
09:26 AM

Excellent item.  I love wagons.  Based on my own highly biased preference, I wonder why the Subaru Forester XT didn't make the list - especially given the competitive rivalry between the WRX STI (which the Forester XT is, largely) and the Evo.

In any case, sure do love the 1st three on the list!  

hammerdown-#001 hammerdown-#001
Posted: 01/26/07
03:45 PM

Mazda 6 wagon.  I drove one between hot laps at the mazda speed competition in 2004 here in DC with 3 of my buddies--all over 6ft and 200lbs--in with me, howling with laughter, as i flogged it around the test course. We all were impressed when the thing didn't roll over on the rims or skid off the course. Two years later I talked my wife out of even considering the over-priced beemer's, audis, saabs, and subies--we drove all of em. It is cheap thrills, useful, economical, and a great bose sound system.  

tone-#001 tone-#001
Posted: 01/29/07
05:12 AM

if your basing this on purely the hottest,coolest wagons ever then you gotta mention the made-to-order AMG HAMMER WAGON.If anything so i can download the pictures of it on my computer..  

hammatime hammatime
Enthusiast | Posts: 303 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 02/03/07
07:44 PM

New VW Passat wagon with the big rims and the dark blue paint job and tan leather upholstery...looks like it's going a thousand miles per hour sitting still.

Mazda also makes a big sporty station wagon that depending on paint,rim and trim options looks great.

Chevy pulled out a fast one with the Manx version of their Malibu.Just strangely appealing and very much unlike anything else on the road.

Dodge Magnum Hemi....station wagon ON CRACK.  

TowabilityGuy TowabilityGuy
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 02/13/07
04:02 PM

I have a 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT 6 speed, I know your going to say it's a 5 door hatchback, but my insurance says other wise and that's all that matters to me.

It has lots of room inside and rides very well on long trips. I have taken it to the Outterbanks in NC from the Philly area twice. It's also great on fuel, than again it is the twin to the Toyota Matrix, well it is a Toyota Matrix.

What ever, it works for me.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice