Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Detroit: 2007 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Concept

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 01/04/07
02:29 PM

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/2007_detroit/2007_chevrolet_camaro_convertible_concept/

Quelle suprise. Chevrolet has created a second, topless Camaro concept. It is overall very similar to the coupe, but this lighter interior looks gorgeous. What do you think? Future white trash car or design icon?  

Jim Reynolds Jim Reynolds
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 03/21/07
09:40 AM

Long before Disney animated the idea, I've always thought cars had faces.  Your recent photo of the classic inspiration for the new Camaro conjures images of a wild dog, teeth bared... or maybe the smile-that-isn't-really-a-smile that the character played by Jack Nicholson gives you just before dispatching you in some grisly way.  

As for the new Camaro... Please...

SOMEONE wipe the Cheshire Cat grin off its face before it goes into production!  

Stelios Stelios
User | Posts: 105 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 03/30/07
01:49 PM

Design icon.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to Detroit, but I did have the chance to see it at the Cleveland Auto show and I loved it. We haven't seen a car this aggressive come from an American manufacturer since the new Mustang GT in my opinion. Assuming it borrows the coupe's powerplant, it's going to go just as well as it looks. What's more, it fits into Chevy's lineup perfectly right above the Cobalt but below the Corvette. I think the Camaro faithful will eat this car up.  Cool  

ddreib ddreib
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 12/25/07
09:53 AM

I'm sure what I'm about to suggest constitutes enthusiast heresy, but I wonder if the new non-SRT)Challenger and Camaro will be irrelevant by the time they get into showrooms.

I really LOVE the idea of a new version of these cars.  In fact, I'm a 56-year-old engineer with a picture of the Challenger as a decoration on my computer's desktop.  I LOVE the fact that Nascar is moving to pony cars for what will become the Nationwide series (now Busch).  However, I've begun to wonder if the long gestation cycle for these two cars has allowed their market window close to the point of ruining their business case.

I owned a 1995 Mustang GT for 9 years, loving every single day that I was able to drive that car.  I kept it fresh with infusions of aftermarket handling and performance goodies.  I sold it three years ago when the combination of its space-inefficiency and fuel costs (at $2.70/gallon) made it difficult to justify as either a daily driver or a trip car (I could not afford to make it a trailer-queen).

Now three years later, with gas prices consistently above $3/gallon and lots of new information about carbon emissions, I don't see how I could sit across the table from my grandkids and explain to them why I'm driving a car with only two functional seats and a 6L engine.

It will be interesting to see how they perform in the marketplace.  I trust that Automobile will watch that and keep us informed.  

smith08 smith08
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 09/22/08
09:02 PM

It was very interesting to hear about this good news.
=======================
smith
Auto Auctions  

monoblocks monoblocks
User | Posts: 73 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 09/27/08
02:55 AM

Cheshire Cat? I'm guessing at what you're calling a mouth's grin, that instead I see one continuous eyebrow...with lifeless snake eyes to boot that punctuate the effect. The bottom air intake is what I see as the mouth, and it's definitely not happy smiling to me. To me, it makes the whole front look like it's ready to eat and spit out Mustangs like chewing tobacco and have Challengers for the main course at dinner.  

jduval74 jduval74
User | Posts: 52 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 12/01/08
08:18 AM

I saw four hardtops cruising up 23N a few weeks ago, sans-camo... I did a double take because I couldn't figure out what they were from afar.

It's a seriously mean-looking car - looks like it's scowling.  Real low to the ground, sleek.  I didn't see one at Detroit, so it was my first time seeing one.  I'm digging it a lot more than the new '10 Mustang or the Challenger.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice