Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Chevrolet dedicated to not overusing "SS" moniker

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 12/15/06
02:47 PM

Chevrolet told the media recently that they will limit the use of the SS badge for cars as to not make it seem worthless. But we wonder--the badge is on the Silverado, the Malibu, the Trailblazer, and soon the HHR. Haven't they already done what they promise not to do?  

superstallion stang superstallion stang
New User | Posts: 34 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/22/06
01:01 PM

I say Save the badge for those car's like the new impalla,maybe corvette, But The ss cobalt is almost like a modern hot rod In the sense it has available go fast bits.  

Austin Cooper Austin Cooper
User | Posts: 167 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 12/23/06
04:59 PM

Since Chevy is in the role of defending themselves here, it looks bad right from the start.  The real question here is does Chevy come out looking worse compared to when Honda sticks on a Si badge or Nissan a SE-R badge or Chrysler a SRT badge or BMW a M badge or Mercedes a AMG badge?  I guess I can include Cadillac's new V badge too but they're new to the game.  As it goes right now the badges I seem to respect the most in this day and age are M, AMG and SRT badges. Mercedes really went all out by buying AMG in the first place to customize their cars.  

Idiot Boy Idiot Boy
User | Posts: 55 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/26/06
02:49 AM

The joke is on all of us.  They saved the "real" SS cars for the Middle East of all places!  Thanks to Holden, you can buy a rear wheel drive 360hp V-8 powered Chevrolet Caprice or Lumina with world class handling and vehicle dynamics over there while we get the same embarassing, plasticky front wheel drive Chevrolets that have helped GM to the verge of ruin.

http://www.aboldnewera.com/content_data/LAAM/ME/ar/GBPME/microsites/aboldnewera/index.html  

Wow, how easy would it be to put the Middle Eastern Chevrolet badges on both excellent Holdens and send them here pronto?  These cars were designed from the outset to be sold in left and right hand drive markets, so why are we left for dead in the states?  But wait, the "styling clinics" must've convinced GM Americans require a "restyled" version of the cars, so they'll work for the next two years and invest millions of dollars to make them ugly enough to sell in the "Heartland!"  Attention Gangsta Rappers: somebody get a phat Middle Eastern Caprice SS on 22's into one of your videos quick!  You may be our only hope for getting these excellent Australian rear wheel drive GM cars sent to America intact before we're all too old to care.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice