Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 01/29/07
02:04 PM

According to the German magazine Automobilewoche,A future Touareg model will be Veedub's first hybrid, and will share components with similar versions of the Porsche Cayenne and Audi Q7 sport utes. No word on when or for how much the Touareg hybrid will be sold.  

Perx Perx
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 01/06
Posted: 01/29/07
02:11 PM

I'd love to see that.  Sporty suv with hybrid option...  Although I prob can't buy until prices on hybrids come down...  
my ride

alwill alwill
User | Posts: 104 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 01/30/07
10:34 AM

Looks like a good idea. Americans love hybrid badges on their big SUVs.  

JeromeW8 JeromeW8
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 02/02/07
07:49 PM

We sure do, even though I still really don't see a point.  VW has a chance to do a hybrid the right way and throw a diesel engine into the Touareg.  Or at least that's what I'd do if I was designing a car...  

1CLNA2 1CLNA2
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 03/17/07
11:21 AM

I agree with the idea of the diesel engine. The popularity of diesel trucks has grown in the last 2 years. The once prominant car tuner world now has a rival the diesel tuners. As good as the hybrid engine idea may seem the thought of driving a battery powered car just doesn't sit well with the h.p. hungry driver... that's why the diesel is the perfect contender.  

justme-#001 justme-#001
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/07
Posted: 06/22/07
02:42 PM

We currently own one I know for sure my wife will love to trade hers for the hybrid diesel one as long as it's priced right have you seen the price on the current diesel V10 we love Vw's but we don't plan to sell our souls to the devil just be able to afford one.  

tiredof tiredof
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 12/02/07
09:06 AM

VW - Audi has once again missed a great chance to increase their market share . Something that they both sorely need , a niche that will bring new customers to showrooms . Forget hybrid technology for the moment as it's cost vs benefits are not yet favorable . Also , regarding disposal of the batteries and there replacement cost . It is not a subject that is talked about often when the conversation turns GREEN . DIESEL ! DIESEL ! DIESEL ! The new Jetta will achieve ( what I have been told by an inside VW employee ) 42mpg city , 66mpg hwy. If those numbers are fact and the new clean-technology blue-tec is as good as is said many of us would be able to double and in some cases triple our current mileage . That is huge ! With the current 14.5 gal. fuel tank a Jetta diesel should be able to cruise 600 to 900 mi. on a single tank of gas should the estimates prove correct .
I got excited by the idea of using so little fuel that I wandered from my Post's subject . VW and Audi have had to delay the introduction of their new diesel ( shared w/M-Benz ) technology . The delay has been caused in part by 50 state compliance . VW does not want to bring the car to our shores until that compliance is in hand . So , WHY NOT BRING THE CARS TO THE STATES WHERE THERE IS NO COMPLIANCE ISSUE ?? There is another problem that VW has eluded to in e-mails sent to their dealer network . Is it impossible for VW to launch a product on time and take advantage of a ripe and willing marketplace ?
The dealers are shaking their heads , they know this is not in their best interests . I love VW ( some great ideas and engineering ) I hate VW ( continuing quality issues coupled with glaring mismanagement  ).  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2014 Volkswagen Touareg
44570 - 61435
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV