Ad Radar
  • Automobile Magazine

Automobile Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

New York: Subaru Impreza but no WRX? WHAT?

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 01/29/07
02:19 PM

While it is a sure thing that Subaru will show a new Impreza at this year's New York show, rumor has it that there will no longer be a WRX model. Nonsense, Subaru. To the enthusiast mind, the Impreza only exists to make the WRX possible--just as the Mitsubishi Lancer is to the Evolution. Supposedly there will still be a WRX STI some time next year, but now my mind is just being twisted into knots. What have you heard, Subieheads?  

alwill alwill
User | Posts: 104 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 01/30/07
10:36 AM

I really hope this isn't true. I'll miss the traditional WRX vs. Evo comparisons.  

doglet doglet
New User | Posts: 35 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 02/05/07
03:12 PM

i find it hard to believe that subaru would be that stupid. if it is true, there must be some huge logistical or engineering roadblock preventing them from a wrx version of the new model.  

hammatime hammatime
Enthusiast | Posts: 303 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 02/06/07
07:25 PM

WRX's are very slow selling cars.

Because they are so well made and Subaru probably can't get back out of the car what they put into it-it's probably a money loser for them from the start.

Add to that the car is made to thrash around and warranty issues become very problematic.

AND the insurance on these cars must be very high.

Another reason they don't sell well.

Subaru needs to entice some customers into their showrooms and some of their latest redesign attempts havent done that.

It will be interesting to see how they acheive sales increases soon.  

SonicDeath SonicDeath
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 02/16/08
01:50 PM

I just bought a 2008 Subaru WRX sedan. While it is a softer riding car I really like the redesign and think Subaru is on the right track with the WRX model. To me it is the perfect compromise between a sporty responsive car and a every day car you can drive to work. I like the new body style and while it isn't the rally car it once was, it is a true progression, all going in the right places. Want a rally car, buy the STI  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Subaru Impreza
18695 - 23295
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan, Wagon