Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Volkwagen Eos cheaper than Pontiac G6!

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 06/01/06
12:33 AM

Can you believe that VW was able to get it's hard-top convertible on the market at a lower sticker price than the Pontiac G6 convertible? Pontiac is going to have a hard time moving those things, don't you think? Or will massive rebates come soon, resulting in GM losing more money?  

joela joela
User | Posts: 89 | Joined: 03/06
Posted: 06/16/06
10:53 AM

This is new. However, I've read that the G6 convertible is selling quite nicely. Personally, I think they appeal to very different markets.  

calvin400 calvin400
New User | Posts: 45 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/05/06
01:55 AM

Hey guys at Automobile!
Its time for another comparison test!
Hardtop convertibles ..galore...
PontiacG6, VWEos, VolvoC70, Mazda Miata PRHT, Mercedes SLK, Chrysler Sebring Convt Hdtop. Can't wait to see your tests.

To answer your note..I think specialty cars like the G6 convertible will sell to those looking for a rarer, more upscale American car.
Although, they'll have to discount the price to get it to a more realistic market value.
How come when a more desirable car is made they raise the price everytime? If they kept the price more reasonable they may sell way more of them Cool and make the same profit?
Wasn't that Henry Ford's notion of mass production.. more cars made..less cost to make..cheaper to buy...etc..I think everyone's forgotten that which is why cars costs so much now and some manufacturers don't know why they can't sell more cars.  

Austin Cooper Austin Cooper
User | Posts: 167 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 12/05/06
06:04 PM

Since you brought up that subject of keeping costs down etc. Calvin, VW just might qualify there.  They do make good cars but they've drifted so far from their roots now, people have different thoughts of VW now compared to way back when.  Since they do make the new Bug, that I can't say I'm really in love with, I'd like to see them bring back the Kharmann Ghia while they're at it.  Laugh  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice