Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2007 Nissan Sentra

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 12/06/06
02:06 PM

Just drove the all-new, looks-like-a-toaster Nissan Sentra last night, and I must say I was a little disappointed. The shifter was a bit clunky, the suspension was soft, and the car was prone to some bad wheelspin. On a lighter note, the interior was quite nice, and the exterior isn't bad. Maybe that annoying guy on TV has the right idea. . . the Sentra might be better to live in than actually drive.  

Austin Cooper Austin Cooper
User | Posts: 167 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 12/07/06
10:34 AM

Believe me, I've been wondering about those new Nissan - Marc Horowitz commercials.  I guess all I can say is trying to sell cars through comedy just doesn't work for me.  But than again since I read many motor mags and listen to others plus go by my own instincts, TV commercials play no influence on my buying decisions.  I can't speak for others in that department though  Cool

Either way the new Sentra leaves me luke warm at best.  Nissan can produce exciting machines once in awhile, but in the Sentra's case that hasn't happened since the original Sentra SE-R. The new SE-R was a real mistake.  

I don't understand what's suppose to make this new Sentra so special?  Could it be trying to squeeze as many toys in as possible for the price?  It certainly isn't the styling, performance or fuel economy or average ballpark price either.  

JasonCammisa JasonCammisa
Administrator | Posts: 141 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 12/12/06
01:52 PM

I just drove the Sentra again this morning, and while I don't dislike it as much as Stu does, there is definitely *nothing* sporty about this car.

Austin, you're right.  I had a poster of the original SE-R on my wall in high school -- I wanted that thing bad.  And I'm sure nobody will have a poster of the new one.  

Austin Cooper Austin Cooper
User | Posts: 167 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 12/13/06
10:02 PM

I agree with you Jason.  Since Nissan still has it wrong and as far as I can see the next Sentra SE-R will still be a 4 door, there won't be much of a market for posters when it comes to it.  If anything from what I saw of the new Altima Coupe in the latest edition of Automobile Mag, it looks like Nissan got the styling right on that machine. This makes me wonder why can't they do it again on the Sentra SE-R, geez it's not that hard 2 slice off 2 doors is it?  Frown  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2014 Nissan Sentra
15990 - 19640
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan