Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2007 Audi S8 Bang & Olufsen stereo disappoints

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 11/27/06
01:45 PM

When a car is offered with a $6800 stereo, that means there should be a promise that it is without a doubt the finest thing ever heard by human ears. That is not the case with the Audi S8's B&O system. In the front seat, yes, it sounds great. And we still can't get over the awesome, brushed metal tweeters that pop out of the dash. But in the back seat, with the subwoofer right behind my head, I was disappointed. The bass was muddy no matter the setting (not so bad when the stereo was rear seat-optimized). I've listened to stereos that cost less than half the price (Lexus GS430, Infiniti M45) that may be better all-around systems. Sorry guys, there IS more to a stereo than beautiful looks.  

Austin Cooper Austin Cooper
User | Posts: 167 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/27/06
09:23 PM

Way back when I owned a B&O turntable.  It was a very nice looking piece of equipment.  That's the best I can say about it though since it wasn't much to listen to.  From everything I've heard, I suspect that's just the way it is with most B&O equipment.  

bat rambo bat rambo
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/12/13
10:30 AM

Well...it sounds nice, but suddenly one of the pop-up tweeters on my S8 does not pop up anymore, and Audi wants $400 to fix a little assembly! Bang& Olufsen official site does not want to reply to my complaint either...Any idea fixing that annoying little - and costly- issue? Confused  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Audi S8
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan