Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Mercedes CLS competitor by BMW

| 
Boy_Racer Boy_Racer
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/04/06
06:03 AM

I was flipping through the November issue and stopped on your brief article about the car BMW plans to market against the Mercedes CLS. What are they thinking?? Rear doors that won't open independent of the front doors?? How can this possibly pass safety muster anywhere in the world?? In the event of an accident where the front doors are pinned shut, rear passengers will be trapped as well. This is possibly the most unsafe portal design since the suicide door. I think BMW needs to rethink this one.  

Austin Cooper Austin Cooper
User | Posts: 167 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/27/06
12:11 PM

I'd like to see BMW's offering, since they're going to have a tough time beating the Benz in the looks department.  It's amazing how Mercedes really got the looks right on it, while BMW is trying very hard in the styling department now but usually fails to impress me.  

The 7 Series alone was a complete disaster since they had to restyle it, due to poor sales & negative comments about its styling, shortly after it came out.  

bonjo bonjo
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/08/06
04:21 PM

have u ever been in an extended cab pickup?  the door mechanism is very similar.  the back door is a half door, and must be shut first in order to shut the front door.  likewise, in order to get out, the occupant in the front must open their door first.  maybe not very safe but bmw isn't alone in this design, by a long shot.  

bonjo bonjo
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/08/06
04:23 PM

i might be mistaken, but i'm pretty sure that the post-bangle design 7 series is the best selling 7 series ever.  despite the controversial design.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice