Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Ugliest car?

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/08/06
09:44 AM

Now that the Pontiac Aztek has been off the market for a while, we've got nothing left to make fun of.  What cars do you think are design failures?  

240robert 240robert
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/10/06
02:24 AM

Any Buick.  

joela joela
User | Posts: 89 | Joined: 03/06
Posted: 05/10/06
10:28 AM

Icon Quotesfowle:
Now that the Pontiac Aztek has been off the market for a while, we've got nothing left to make fun of.  What cars do you think are design failures?

The old Infiniti M rubs me raw every time I see it. Just something to do with the car's greenhouse...brrr.  

cpr74 cpr74
New User | Posts: 35 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 05/23/06
05:23 AM

the new Jeep Compass- *** the title of uglist suv/car thing. Pontiac must be relieved. Any Nisson car that's not a 350z  

frankrizzo-#002 frankrizzo-#002
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 05/05
Posted: 05/30/06
03:57 PM

i think the Toyota FJ is super ugly. I know its new and its something i need to get used to but the FJ is so freakin ugly. Did Toyota knockoff a jeep with the original FJ? It looks like a Jeep. What does FJ stand for anyways?  

JasonCammisa JasonCammisa
Administrator | Posts: 141 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 10/27/06
08:17 AM

Frank, dunno what FJ stands for, but I'm sure I could make a few off-color, R-rated guesses.  It's be just for fun, though, because I think it looks cool.  We have a Smurf Blue long-termer that looks like a cartoon.  It's definitely not my kind of car, but it doesn't offend my styling gland.

Joel, the you're talking about the Infiniti M30?  That was a bizarre looking car.  Especially the convertibles, IMO.  

But the G20 of that era was awesome. To me, it looked like a Peugeot 405Mi16, and of course it had the hot 2.0-liter 140hp motor from the SE-R...which was, of course, on a poster hanging over my bed.

Oh, but back to ugly.  To me, it's still the 7-series.  It still looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.  

Intern Dave Intern Dave
User | Posts: 52 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/15/06
08:34 AM

IMO, the new camry is completely hideous.  i think toyota is attempting to create a different look for the camry, after being so boring for so long, but they've missed it big time.  the proportions are just off.  they've tried to spice it up, but now it's not only still boring, it's ugly as well.  and what's with those aero add ons for the SE model?  

carhotdeals carhotdeals
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/24/06
05:13 AM

For me nothing beats KIA as the ugliest car.  

AH100Guy AH100Guy
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/25/06
09:24 PM

Wow, I think the Camry is one of the few decent looking Japanese cars left, the first Camry I have seen that I actually like the looks of.  I think the new Accord is hideous, Honda used to have a good then a soo so accord each generation, but this last time they went from boring to ugly instead of boring to good.

The Germans do slab sided OK, Audi, VW, the Japanese not so good, the new Maximas and Altimas are pretty ugly too, as was the prior generation Sentra, although not so much slab sided as just ugly.

I think Subies restyle of the Impreza/WRX front end is pretty lame as well.  Definitely not an improvement.

Oh, lest I forget, the Ford Focus, any Ford Focus, that would be my winner, it reminds me of a refrigerator or kitchen appliance or something.  

Austin Cooper Austin Cooper
User | Posts: 167 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/28/06
04:16 PM

I see Jason Cammisa  beat me to the BMW 7 Series.  This car put BMW stylist Chris Bangle on the map in a pretty controversial way.  This car was also so ugly that BMW decided to make some styling changes to it before the next 7 Series hits the market, when ever that is.  Anyhow, I can't remember BMW ever having to make a move like that before with any of their other cars before that?

The Toyota Echo hit my head too.  Maybe I just prefer a sleek low look in my automobiles.  The Echo was anything but that.  I almost like the thing just because it's so ugly.  I remember how they made the first generation Prius out of the Echo too, which brings me to the current Prius. That thing will never be a head turner.  I know Prius sales are doing quite well now regardless of its looks.  Toyota would have a real blockbuster if they decided to try it give it some looks.  It's almost like they decided to do anything but that, unlike Nissan who is always trying to add spice to their Altima, first generation excluded.  

Shift Ctrl Shift Ctrl
User | Posts: 51 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 11/30/06
08:55 AM

The new jeep suv is just the ugliest box ive ever seen. Horrible. I cant stand to look at it. What the *** where they thinking?  
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its been a while, but I'm back....
every so often i leave for a good year then come back....

Austin Cooper Austin Cooper
User | Posts: 167 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/30/06
02:25 PM

The Jeep is an SUV, not the "car" described in the subject line of this thread.  All trucks/SUVs/Crossdressers will never look as sexy as many cars I can think of.  In fact, many designers are trying to make trucks/SUVs look more automobile like to accomplish this trick in the first place.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice