Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Ford Mustang by Giugiaro

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 11/16/06
11:20 AM

Has anyone seen the spy shots of the Giugiaro Mustang floating around the internet? That thing looks awesome. I'm wondering if it's something that is Ford-backed or if Giugiaro did it himself? I'm excited to see more pictures of this thing after it is supposedly revealed in Los Angeles.  

supercarLush supercarLush
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/28/06
06:14 AM

from what I've read: In early 2005, Giugiaro pitched J Mays, Ford's group VP, Design, and chief creative officer, on his idea to do an Italian job on the beloved Mustang. The result: Mustang by Giugiaro -- a one-of-a-kind concept powered by Ford Racing technologies... concept features a powertrain and chassis enhanced in conjunction with Ford Racing... Ford Racing improved on the already-robust 300hp all-Al 4.6L 3valve V8 engine in the production Mustang GT by adding an intercooled twin-screw supercharger for the new concept. The powertrain upgrades deliver 500 horsepower, complete with a boost level of 11 psi from the Ford Racing supercharger."  

Austin Cooper Austin Cooper
User | Posts: 167 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 12/01/06
12:35 PM

I just saw a picture of it in either my new AutoWeek or Car & Driver (they both arrived on the same day ).  After viewing it too, I started thinking, "it figures the Italians are responsible for the best looking Mustang I've ever seen."  If FoMoCo does green light it, I can't picture it looking like it does now in production form  Frown  I still can't believe how Alfa Romeo alone screwed up their beautiful Brera concept.  It still looks good but not as hot as this:
BEFORE
Alfa%20Romeo%20Brera%20Concept%201
AFTER
Alfa%20Romeo%20Brera%20Production%201  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice