Research a Vehicle

Select a vehicle to research pricing,see photos,compare similar vehicles and much more.
Research Now

Automobile Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Ford Mustang by Giugiaro

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 11/16/06
11:20 AM

Has anyone seen the spy shots of the Giugiaro Mustang floating around the internet? That thing looks awesome. I'm wondering if it's something that is Ford-backed or if Giugiaro did it himself? I'm excited to see more pictures of this thing after it is supposedly revealed in Los Angeles.  

supercarLush supercarLush
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/28/06
06:14 AM

from what I've read: In early 2005, Giugiaro pitched J Mays, Ford's group VP, Design, and chief creative officer, on his idea to do an Italian job on the beloved Mustang. The result: Mustang by Giugiaro -- a one-of-a-kind concept powered by Ford Racing technologies... concept features a powertrain and chassis enhanced in conjunction with Ford Racing... Ford Racing improved on the already-robust 300hp all-Al 4.6L 3valve V8 engine in the production Mustang GT by adding an intercooled twin-screw supercharger for the new concept. The powertrain upgrades deliver 500 horsepower, complete with a boost level of 11 psi from the Ford Racing supercharger."  

Austin Cooper Austin Cooper
User | Posts: 167 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 12/01/06
12:35 PM

I just saw a picture of it in either my new AutoWeek or Car & Driver (they both arrived on the same day ).  After viewing it too, I started thinking, "it figures the Italians are responsible for the best looking Mustang I've ever seen."  If FoMoCo does green light it, I can't picture it looking like it does now in production form  Frown  I still can't believe how Alfa Romeo alone screwed up their beautiful Brera concept.  It still looks good but not as hot as this:
BEFORE
Alfa%20Romeo%20Brera%20Concept%201
AFTER
Alfa%20Romeo%20Brera%20Production%201  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice