Item Posts   

2008 Lincoln MKS will have V-8

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 11/08/06
09:09 AM

2007 Lincoln Mks Concept Front Left View

Rumors were floating around that Lincoln would stick to V-6 engines as a cost-cutting effort for the new MKS sedan, due out next year. The lastest news coming from dealers is that FoMoCo will indeed offer V-8 power.  We think it's the right choice for the brand, a they need to regain their prestigious reputation that went down the drain some time in the late '70s. Are we right or should Lincoln focus more on fuel economy and cost-saving efforts?  

alwill alwill
User | Posts: 104 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 11/09/06
02:46 PM

Restoring the integrity of the brand should be the number one priority for Lincoln.  This is what will make consumers believe again.  

doglet doglet
New User | Posts: 35 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/14/06
06:49 PM

i have heard that the v8 is off again. sounds like noone knows for sure. isnt ford working on a new high output 5.0?

ford needs to stop taking the easy way out. if they arent willing to spend the money to design and build a good product they should sell their factories to someone who is.  

calvin400 calvin400
New User | Posts: 45 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/04/06
03:00 AM

What is Lincoln today? I don't know.
Lincoln needs to spend the R & D and put sports-luxury cars on the market as Infiniti and Cadillac did recently. Those companies planned it over five years ago and they see the fruits of their labour now. This company seems so cash strapped compared to other companies coming up with new, more powerful engines all the time and new designs,(both engine and exteriors), constant updates,and model after model. Lincoln meanwhile hasn't focused its future correctly by making cars buyers drool over.  They just try to make something in small numbers the public will buy and that's what they get.
Poor vision I'd say. I hope Ford's new CEO knows what to do. I know what I'd do if I was given that job...Lincoln needs to do what the other companies have done to make it in this sector...copy BMW's lineup but in an American way.  

MaxLegroom MaxLegroom
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/06/06
07:40 PM

For this car, a V-8 would make about as much sense as anything else.  Truthfully, they should be glad it's not me they're pitching this car to.  I do not like the copy of Japanese styling, nor do I care for the MK designations that Lincoln is using.  The whole car is a mistake, but using a V-8 might mitigate that just a bit.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice