Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

DRIVEN PREVIEW: 2007 Ford Edge

| 
sfowle sfowle
Enthusiast | Posts: 507 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 10/23/06
10:37 AM

We at Automobile Magazine are now giving you an exclusive first look at our upcoming drivens, ONE MONTH IN ADVANCE of the print issue. Hope you enjoy.

Click here for Joe DeMatio's Ford Edge drive story.

The Edge is undeniably one of the better looking Fords to go into production in a while. And they're really hyping crossovers as the hot new market as truck-based SUVs continue to die out. What do you think? It the Edge the leader of a turn-around at FoMoCo?  

throopspeed throopspeed
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 11/17/06
01:16 PM

Well just a comment on what to me was obvious and surely seemed intentional. Namely the compare and contrast with CX9, the Edges stablemate. By your undeniably accurate account the Edge was nothing to write home about. But with the same chassis Mazda has a real cool vehicle that handles well, holds bunch of folks and is more sophisticated than its sibling. Even the deal with the same engine but hooked to a better aisin trany says it all.....some people care and some dont. The problem is that this is apparent to all. So the Ford version will probably go from grape to raisin on the lots as it has nothing special to recommend it and the Mazdas seem to fly under most peoples radar. My point here, just make the (mass marketed)Ford as good as the (relatively low volume)Mazda. This is what Detroit must do to win (or least not lose), get real about WHY customers go with the competition. Wink  

ERupert ERupert
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 03/02/07
12:39 AM

Might I suggest some foreign car bias?  Here you go, writing that the Edge is nothing to write home about, the same Edge that provides the basic architecture for the Mazda Cx'7&9. "

It doesn't advance the field of crossovers" you whine.  Personally, looking at the Edge gives me a warm feeling.  Finally someone is brave enough to design a crossover that dsoesn't look like a stationwagon on steroids.  

"It dosen't track like a sports car," the bleating continues.  Newsflash:  most people don't spend a lot of time driving such a vehicle around the Indy track anyway.  I think roadtesters should consider how real people
might use their vehicles of choice.  The racing around might be appropriate for a Z06:  come to think of it, at that price, genteel driving might be the rule of the day.  

ironpony ironpony
New User | Posts: 16 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 03/03/07
03:27 PM

It's ugly.  Not quite Astek ugly, but it's not attractive in any way.  How is it the CX-9 looks so much better, like a the well thought out fluid design it is, with a top notch interior.  The Ford Edge looks thrown together.  Not to mention they co-developed that 6f- Six Speed Auto trans with General Motors.  No wonder Mazda went with the Aisin trans.  That, and the fact they will try and sell this car on the same lot as the redundant Ford Taurus X means it's a stillborn from Dearborn.  

hammatime hammatime
Enthusiast | Posts: 303 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 03/03/07
08:27 PM

It looks good in person.

Kind of expensive,$36,000,but not bad looking.

The Lincoln version looks hideous.

A guy that was driving a year old,new Navigator I was talking to said the grill loooked like it was made out of chicken wire.

This from a guy that spent $58,000 on his year old new Navigator.

Not a good sign.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2014 Ford Edge
28100 - 39550
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV