Research a Vehicle

Select a vehicle to research pricing,see photos,compare similar vehicles and much more.
Research Now

Automobile Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking
Item Posts   

97 Maxima

BevMaxima BevMaxima
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 09/16/06
05:50 AM

When I saw my 97 maroon Max gleaming in the AutoNation show room, I was hooked!  She's fast, gets good gas mileage, so far I've only had to replace CV joints, alternator and starter.  Hard to find cassettes anymore so I buy CDs and copy so I can listen to the latest while I drive the best.  While my mechanic waited on the alternator, I rented a PT Cruiser; just a four door bike with AC next to my comfy, fast ride.  (I'm not telling my age, real car nuts never grow up anyway.)  

AH100Guy AH100Guy
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/25/06
09:10 PM

I have a '99 Maxima with a 5 speed, it is a fantastic car, good power and gas mileage, got it off of E-bay with 40,000 miles, it is now at 80,000 I haven't had to so much as replace a light bulb, one solid car, great ergonomics, and I for one like the clean styling much better than the slab sided new Maximas and Accords, yuch!  

sandiegan sandiegan
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/14/06
06:55 PM

^ They just now discontinued the manual trans for the Maxima.  CVT only now.  Pretty lame...  

JasonCammisa JasonCammisa
Administrator | Posts: 141 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 12/18/06
02:07 PM

I wouldn't be too upset about the CVT thing, sandiegan.  I like Nissan's CVT better than any other in the business... there's really no benefit to a conventional automatic over the CVT.  

sandiegan sandiegan
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/18/06
05:06 PM

I was lamenting the loss of the manual, not the loss of the conventional automatic.  

Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice