Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

97 Maxima

| 
BevMaxima BevMaxima
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 09/16/06
05:50 AM

When I saw my 97 maroon Max gleaming in the AutoNation show room, I was hooked!  She's fast, gets good gas mileage, so far I've only had to replace CV joints, alternator and starter.  Hard to find cassettes anymore so I buy CDs and copy so I can listen to the latest while I drive the best.  While my mechanic waited on the alternator, I rented a PT Cruiser; just a four door bike with AC next to my comfy, fast ride.  (I'm not telling my age, real car nuts never grow up anyway.)  

AH100Guy AH100Guy
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/25/06
09:10 PM

I have a '99 Maxima with a 5 speed, it is a fantastic car, good power and gas mileage, got it off of E-bay with 40,000 miles, it is now at 80,000 I haven't had to so much as replace a light bulb, one solid car, great ergonomics, and I for one like the clean styling much better than the slab sided new Maximas and Accords, yuch!  

sandiegan sandiegan
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/14/06
06:55 PM

^ They just now discontinued the manual trans for the Maxima.  CVT only now.  Pretty lame...  

JasonCammisa JasonCammisa
Administrator | Posts: 141 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 12/18/06
02:07 PM

I wouldn't be too upset about the CVT thing, sandiegan.  I like Nissan's CVT better than any other in the business... there's really no benefit to a conventional automatic over the CVT.  

sandiegan sandiegan
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/18/06
05:06 PM

I was lamenting the loss of the manual, not the loss of the conventional automatic.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice