Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2007 Camry Response Problem

| 
Dick-#001 Dick-#001
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 08/06/06
08:44 AM

My daughter has a 2007 4 cyl. automatic Camry with 5000 miles on the odometer. From the first day she noticed that under light throttle at 35-40 mph, giving the car a small throttle increase got no response for over 1 second, then the car roughly and quite abruptly downshifted and accelerated rapidly, exceeding the throttle response she wanted in high gear.

The car acts a bit like a carbureted car with an accelerator pump problem. We have driven three other identically configured models at the dealer's with no delay and no violent downshift when a small speed increase command is given.

The dealer and (we are told) regional service tech rep say the car is normal.

I think we are being stone-walled. What next?  Help, please!

*** Little
PO Box 6177
Amherst, NH 03031  

clbian clbian
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 08/19/06
10:55 PM

I am having the same problem on my 2007 Camry LE. The dealer could not do anything for now until Toyota head quater give a green light to fix it free. I sent e-mail to Toyota HQ and wait for their action at this moment.

Max in Texas  

kgoltermann@mac.com kgoltermann@mac.com
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 09/14/06
06:22 AM

I also have a 4-cyl 2007 Camry with the same problem.  I had test-driven 2 of the same model before this one was ordered for me.  I foolishly never test-drove it before purchasing it.  I have had unwavering faith in my Toyotas over the years, but this new car (under 1000 miles) is a drag to drive in city traffic.  There's no response for what feels like a couple of inches of downward pressure on the accelerator, then a surge that makes it hard to modulate the acceleration rate.  I've had it back to the dealership.  The tech said it's an idiosyncracy of the "new" accelerator system and that his boss hates the new Camrys for this reason.  He said he can't fix it unless the company decides to do a recall or upgrade or whatever.  All I know is, I'm starting to hate my new car...very depressing.
Does anyone have a suggestion?  I'm sure Toyota could fix this if they wanted to.  

tundra02 tundra02
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 10/05/06
06:59 PM

OK.. Here is what I know.  I also have the same problem with my 07 Camry LE 4 cyl.  Toyota is aware of the issue and there is or will be a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) issued.  It consists of an ECM reporgram.  I have sources within the plant in Georgetown, KY.  Believe me, I cant wait til I get mine in to get it fixed.
Regards,  

Saki Saki
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 10/24/06
01:13 PM

I had one of these as a rental and it had this - what an annoying problem - it would drive me crazy if I had to deal with it every day!  

mickeymike mickeymike
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 10/26/06
04:36 PM

Same problem for me here in Qu├ębec province. The dealer said he can't do nothing, toyota HQ in Toronto said they can't do anything. But the car is sold since 02/2006 so they knew on 26/07/2006 that the car they sold me had the problem but they didn't say anything to ***
So i'm launching a lawsuit against them.

They tried a ECM reprograming, it resolve the problem for when you accelerate from 0 km/h. The car drive perfectly but it has no "torque" , even if i press the accelerator to the floor, the car is like a Ford Festiva... I have a corola 2006 and it beat my camry 2007 on a quarter mile (and my wife is not a racer, you know girls Smile

when i drive at a steady spead like 70 km/h or 90 km/h (any speed anyway!) and you try to accelerate the car is not responding, i press more on the pedal and still nothing, i press realy firmly and the car make a kickdown and the RPM goes to 5000 and the car have now power. and in "reprise", when you decellerate cause the light is red and it goes green before you're stopped, you try to accelerate and the car take 3 seconds to react and it accelerate in a chunky manner, not regulary.

my english is bad so i hope you catch the picture. My lawyer said it may be a case of a collective lawsuit here in Canada. Dont be fool by the ECM reprogramming, still not 'IT'  

JasonCammisa JasonCammisa
Administrator | Posts: 141 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 10/27/06
07:09 AM

Sorry that you're having these issues, guys.  Even Toyotas aren't immune from problems.  

Our long-term Camry Hybrid doesn't suffer from any such problems... I know we've had a 4-cylinder Camry in, and there were no complaints.

With modern engine management, hiccups of any kind are so unusual that we (me included) get all bent out of shape when they happen.  To keep it in perspective, I always try to remember what our old carbeureted cars were like not too many years ago.  3 seconds of hesitation was practically normal.

Not to make light of your frustrations - they're real.  But if Toyota has indeed said that they're going to issue a TSB, bear with them, help is on the way.  

J-rome J-rome
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 03/04/08
04:29 PM

The problem is fixed.  Take it back to the dealer and they will reprogram the computer.  You will then have a new car you will just love.  

jeronimo1199 jeronimo1199
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/28/08
12:41 PM

Are you sure this has been fixed.  I talked with my Toyota Service Dept. and they say they have no computer updates.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Toyota Camry
22970 - 31370
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan